March 28, 2024, 21:22
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Umodel now has own GUI  (Read 27008 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 14:07 »

Added package scanner UI. This tool prepares a report of package file versions for the selected game. This report is essential when I'm adding support for some new game, and when I want this game to be automatically detected by umodel. This dialog covers functionality of standalone tool "pkgtool".

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:26 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 03:26 »

I've added "Scan content" button in package selection dialog which will perform analysis of all game packages and display additional information in package list showing number of objects which are supported by umodel. Now it's easier to find packages which contains meshes or animations, and avoid visiting packages with nothing interesting inside.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:27 by Gildor » Logged
illincrux

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 03:02 »

Love what you're doing with the UI!

As somebody that uses your tool heavily for personal fun with multiple games,

May I request you consider adding the option for adding bookmarks and using the expanded 'Browse For Folder' dialog for easier navigation?

Cheers!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 10:42 »

This is planned, but I'll need to implement some config file first to store settings. UE4 is first.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 12:42 »

Added new option in "Tools" button, package selection dialog - "Save selected packages". This option allows user to save all selected packages into a single directory ("UmodelSaved" directory, near "UmodelExport"). This is primarily intended for extraction of packages from UE4 pak files, but can be used also for extraction from Andoid obb files etc.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:49 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 02:21 »

Added sorting of package list in UI. You may now sort packages by name, size, number of skeletal meshes etc. To sort them, simply click on corresponding column. Clicking on column again will reverse sort direction.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 17:21 »

With build 839, UModel got capability to resize package selection window.

That was a very very long work upon improvement of my UI library, however now it is very flexible in terms of automatic window layout.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 17:28 by Gildor » Logged
fatihG_

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2021, 06:35 »

It Seems you closed the issues page on Github only 2 days ago! =[

I had some suggestions in regards to the GUI.

Is it possible for UE Viewer to remember the start up options?
Picking 'override engine version', Changing the engine to 4 and then finally picking the specific engine version every single time gets annoying.

Or even let us specify the defaults in a separate text or startup.cfg file, with all the options of the startup GUI in addition to specifying an AES key.
Cause copy and pasting an AES key every single time isnt fun either.

As im not really a coder the best I could do imake some quick mockup images, to illustrate my point  Hopefully it is clear enough.

https://imgur.com/a/NazKM8d
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 09:47 »

Yes, I've disabled "issues" at github, and explained that in "discussions" board there.

This feature is in plans for a long time, but I have no idea if I'll proceed with it one day. However you may override everything in a batch file or in shortcut to umodel, specifying options with command line parameters.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: