November 20, 2017, 13:39
bigger smaller reset 800px Wide width Full width Reset * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Donate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 2048 times)
san
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2017, 02:50 »

So Fortnite is out...I must admit, I am not really getting into the game play loop...probably need to play a bit more. Doesn't help that the game lags a lot.
However no luck with extracting the model. Does anyone know which version of the engine the game is using?
Can upload some files if anyone is willing to have a look....

******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton.SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton' ********

ERROR: Serializing behind stopper (1AD2+80000 > 1CA5)
FPakFile::Serialize <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeBulkArray <- FMultisizeIndexContainer<< <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton.SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton', pos=2A25, ver=512/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.[0-16] <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=583

ERROR: Memory: bad allocation size -1441054076 bytes
appMalloc:size=-1441054076 (total=48 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:595740043 x 12 <- SerializePackageFileSummary4 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:/FortniteGame/Content/Characters/Player/Female/Large/Base/SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton.uasset, ver=505/0, game=ue4.13 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:/FortniteGame/Content/Characters/Player/Female/Large/Base/SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=583

******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton.SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton' ********

ERROR: Serializing behind stopper (1AD2+80000 > 1CA5)
FPakFile::Serialize <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeBulkArray <- FMultisizeIndexContainer<< <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton.SK_L_Female_Base_Skeleton', pos=2A25, ver=512/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.[0-16] <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=583
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 19:52 by Gildor » Logged
OriginOfWaves

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 16:50 »

u can check which engine version it is if you look at the Build.version file in the ..\Engine\Build\ folder of the game
san
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 00:28 »

u can check which engine version it is if you look at the Build.version file in the ..\Engine\Build\ folder of the game
Thanks for the tip! Version is 4.16. No luck extracting files

"MajorVersion" : 4,
   "MinorVersion" : 16,
   "PatchVersion" : 0,
   "Changelist" : 3541083,
   "CompatibleChangelist" : 0,
   "IsLicenseeVersion" : 0,
   "IsPromotedBuild" : 1,
   "BranchName" : "++Fortnite+Release-Cert"
OriginOfWaves

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 18:30 »

I'm not an expert when it comes to this but from this build.version file it looks like Fortnite is using a standard version of the 4.16 engine which Umodel should support. That being said the files might be encrypted. Did you try extracting anything else besides the models, like textures, animations or static meshes?
san
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 01:31 »

Tried a static mesh...no luck

Serializing behind stopper (6AA96+1C2EA > 78CB4)
FPakFile::Serialize <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh4'S_Mission_Missle_Door1.S_Mission_Missle_Door1', pos=6B50B, ver=512/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.[0-16] <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=583

I'm not an expert when it comes to this but from this build.version file it looks like Fortnite is using a standard version of the 4.16 engine which Umodel should support. That being said the files might be encrypted. Did you try extracting anything else besides the models, like textures, animations or static meshes?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 11:10 »

It is not guaranteed that Epic's games uses standard engine. Also, UT4 and PARAGON uses non-release version of UE4, so UModel sometimes can't open files. For example, currently UModel can open PARAGON, but can't open UT4.
san
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 15:38 »

Thanks Gildor. That makes sense as they probably have internal builds for their own games...Will wait for a stable version. Hopefully when they move out of 'early access' we will get a version that Umodel can open.
Cheers
It is not guaranteed that Epic's games uses standard engine. Also, UT4 and PARAGON uses non-release version of UE4, so UModel sometimes can't open files. For example, currently UModel can open PARAGON, but can't open UT4.
san
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 03:10 »

By the way I can extract textures but no luck with meshes
fimo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 15:35 »

Can someone share the game files?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 15:38 by fimo » Logged
fefifochizzle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 12:33 »

Hey, san, I created an account here JUST to figure this exact thing out. I am able to extract the game assets using QuickBMS, but they are in uasset files. I only care about getting the audio from this. How were you able to extract the textures?
san
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 02:03 »

Hi mate, with Umodel usually you don't need to extract the assets as Umodel internally can browse the assets and you can export from there. However in some case till the game is fully supported not all kind of assets can be exported. Hopefully we will get support for mesh export soon as the game has some awesome stuff.

Hey, san, I created an account here JUST to figure this exact thing out. I am able to extract the game assets using QuickBMS, but they are in uasset files. I only care about getting the audio from this. How were you able to extract the textures?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 02:18 »

Hi guys.

Fortnite is under heavy development, like Paragon. So, I suppose its engine is updated from time to time (I don't have access to the game to say anything particular). Adding support for unstable version is very heavy - if I'll support it, everything will stop working after Fortnite's engine update, and I'll need to repeat my work again to make it working.

If at some point Fortnite's engine will be in sync with current UE4 state (or with Paragon), you'll get meshes supported. If at some point later sync will be lost, game will become unsupported. And this could be repeated many times.

I think the game will be supported later, because this is Epic's game title. Just be patient and wait.
godskin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 11:37 »

someone can upload file games
alote of fake in google download
san
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 11:57 »

Thanks Gildor, I am fully aware of that and sorry if I came across as impatient. Was just trying to explain to 'fefifochizzle' the current situation.
I have been playing the game regularly (fun game) and the game is updated pretty much on a weekly or sometimes even on a daily basis! I absolutely love the way they have done the base building with lots of modular meshes and it is great fun to jump in with a few random ppl to do the missions :-)
If you would like to try out the game let me know and I will try to get this one for you. Will message you.
Cheers

Hi guys.

Fortnite is under heavy development, like Paragon. So, I suppose its engine is updated from time to time (I don't have access to the game to say anything particular). Adding support for unstable version is very heavy - if I'll support it, everything will stop working after Fortnite's engine update, and I'll need to repeat my work again to make it working.

If at some point Fortnite's engine will be in sync with current UE4 state (or with Paragon), you'll get meshes supported. If at some point later sync will be lost, game will become unsupported. And this could be repeated many times.

I think the game will be supported later, because this is Epic's game title. Just be patient and wait.
san
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 11:58 »

someone can upload file games
alote of fake in google download
Godskin, are you looking for any specific files or the whole thing? The content is in a single pak file of around 12 gig....Will be tough to upload that. Even if uploaded it is not yet supported by the tool
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: