March 28, 2024, 23:01
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears of War 3 retail  (Read 51571 times)
az1441

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2012, 01:55 »

Guys I have a question about images/content.

Is it possible to inject images back into a file once it has been extracted? (Gears 3 on unsigned console)

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2012, 08:18 »

No. Especially for XBox360.
Headache

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2012, 04:08 »

Wow, I can't believe no one has commented yet, Thanks Gildor the gears of war modding scene owes you big time.

WOW alright. I am trying to figure out how to get sound clips from my retail xbox360 Gears '3 Disc and now I've seen these animations exist -cool.

But getting back to the audio I see this is an old thread and would like to ask "What is the current easiest to use Prog to obtain an ISO of my disc" Still the same as those above? I ask because the talk of 'headers' etc I know nothing about and it sounds a little complicated and I'd prefer to put my time into something that won't take up a lot of it trying to figure things like that out.
Headache

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2012, 22:23 »

Hi, I'm new to the this site. I'm trying to extract the models from the game myself, and I do own the game. I was wondering if someone can explain, in some detail, or point me to a site on how to get the game files off my Xbox and on to my pc. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Hello Redshirt, Gildor said on another thread you need the game as an ISO - not really as an installation as it says in the How To guide. There are things mentioned in this thread that I don't fully understand and am wary of DL some infected prog by mistake that give an idea of what you need program wise. Did you find any Noob guides? I found some videos on this site but they were really for people who were advanced users or had a basic understanding of things.

Meanwhile it would be good, seeing so many people trying to get the same outcome, that those who have extracted animations, sounds etc could UL them so others can have them without trying to find out what UV, effuse and other things are. Grovel grovel pleeease. Sam is my favourite but I'd like some other game sounds. I found more dialogue from here recently if I torque bow her  Smiley
Dreadfred
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2012, 01:54 »

Hello, this is how I do it.
1= Install game to your xbox's harddrive
2= move or copy game to a usb from xbox harddrive
3= use USBXTAFGUI_v44 to extact the game data files from usb to your pc
4= convert the data files to an Iso using God2Iso
5= Extract the game .xxx files from Iso using exiso (drag and drop the iso onto exiso)
6= Use gildors awsome viewer to view/extract animations, models and textures
or if you own the game, pirate the ISO and do number 5 Grin
Headache

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2012, 18:39 »

Thank you DreadFred for your advice  Smiley

A little confused how I pirate a game I already bought ?  Huh? (I know zero about this stuff).

But while I have your ears (and what lies between them Smiley )

the files you describe as .xxx are they actually titled .xxx or are the x's wildcards or something? Its primarily the audio I want to get at. May go for the more complicated stuff depending on how that goes.

Cheers.

(Oh I just got the season pass too and now have more characters available too)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2021, 04:15 »

Apparently, unreleased PS3 build of Gears 3 works fine with the latest umodel without specific override settings, but you need to set package compression to zlib manually and choose PS3 in platform settings.

* Clipboard02.jpg (163.92 KB, 2552x1241 - viewed 119 times.)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: