March 28, 2024, 22:52
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Red Orchestra : Heroes of Stalingrad  (Read 13818 times)
Beat the Zombie

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2011, 06:01 »

I'm trying to take a look at some of the models from RO2 but I step on some problems :
MG34 textures are mostly black which make them unusable.
When I try to decompile the tanks upks (Tanks that the player uses), I get an error message:

Code:
******** VH_Ger_Panzer_IVG.upk ********

ERROR: assertion failed: index >= 0 && index < DataCount

TArray[]:5/4 <- FStaticLODModel::RestoreMesh3 <- ConvertMesh <- USkeletalMesh::SerializeSkelMesh3 <- USkeletalMesh::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh'VH_Ger_Panzer_IVG.Ger_PZIV_Rig_Master', pos=C7377C, ver=765/766, game=8000 <- UObject::EndLoad <- UnPackage::CreateExport:VH_Ger_Panzer_IVG.upk:320 <- LoadWholePackage <- Main

I didn't try the other weapons yet.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:59 »

Probably you're using old umodel.
Beat the Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:59 »

Well right now I found a kind of "workaround" but still some stuff is missing. I used the GUI version and selected some of the skeletal mesh but there is package in the upk which umodel is not able to export. I will redownload umodel to see if it's that but I'm pretty sure it's not that because I updated it before using RO2 models with it.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 07:55 »

... but there is package in the upk which umodel is not able to export ...
is umodel crashed? or extracts nothing?
Beat the Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 00:46 »

Well this is what I get with the GUI one. With the viewer I can't see the package files. I only see the ones I have been able to export. The tank model who is not damaged doesn't have wheels so it's not really useful.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:05 »

Can you explain me, where is error in umodel by your opinion?
Beat the Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:11 »

Well I guess it doesn't understand that there is a package in a package. So in the best condition it would be nice if it was possible to export the package from the upk then see if umodel is able to extact the meshes from it. If it doesn't work well I don't see where the tank mesh is stored because the exportable one I got are not complete ( missing wheels and sprocket) or it's the damaged version. I don't know if it's actually possible to export package from package with umodel.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:31 »

There is no "package in package" feature in UE. It's nonsense. If you're really sure that this is a problem with umodel, upload the package so I can check it (usually people are doing so even without my request).
Beat the Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 00:21 »

I'm not really used to the UE so I don't know which features are in. All I know is that when I export that model it's missing the wheels. Here is the package http://filesmelt.com/dl/Tank.rar
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 08:00 »

Usually wheels for vehicles are made with separate static meshes.
Beat the Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 14:49 »

I looked in CookedPC folder and I didn't find any package with the wheels. Each upk with the name tank or PzIV on it is only the models without wheels or the textures.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 14:56 »

So - the reasonable assumption that that's a bug in umodel which is cutting wheels from tank??
Export everything with "-uncook" option and find a tank mesh. I think wheels will be somewhere near it.
Beat the Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 15:34 »

Tried it and the wheels are still not there. It's really strange.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 00:34 »

... Here is the package ...
Looked at the package.
These 2 meshes has wheels

This one has not

But look at it's name. It ends with _PHAT_REF, and it reveals the purpose of this mesh: it's a reference mesh to create Physical Asset (have no idea about another meaning of the name). It has reduced detail for better perfomance, so it has no wheels, they are useless for physics.
Beat the Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 00:41 »

Hmmmm then how do you explain that the damaged master has damaged hatch ( the front and the engine hatch) and on the russian T-34 the Mg protection is missing? I verified and in the game those hatch are part of the body mesh.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 00:46 by Beat the Zombie » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: