March 28, 2024, 22:07
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Batman Arkham City  (Read 84769 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2012, 15:27 »

Wasn't expecting to see this for a while, if ever.
Me too Smiley
Awesome work.
Thank you.
hasch

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2012, 03:29 »

First off; thanks a ton for creating and maintaining this software Gildor, it's nothing short of amazing.

I'm completely new to all of this, downloaded uModel this evening in fact, including 3D in general. So I'm without a doubt taking water over my head here; but sometimes jumping into the deep end of the pool is the best way to learn how to swim.
So that being said, I've been able to open up some packages from this game (Arkham City) and view as well as export some models etc. I did however run into some issues;

1. I have only imported Bane and Harley so far but the first problem I noticed is that Bane is transparent in a lot of places (legs, belt, "backpack" and tubes). Harley also seems to have minor texture issues in her face and cleavage, like they're not 'blending' properly or something.

2. I cannot get any animations to work. I keep getting an error saying; Unknown System Exception. It opens up ActorXImporter.ms and highlights line 1359 which says; "local SeqIdx = FindPsaTrackIndex Anims SeqName      --?? can cache this value"

3. I exported the Bane_skin model from BaneSS.upk to FBX and could open it just fine in Maya, but when I export any model from BaneSS_B1.upk they are all contorted and twisted around in horrible ways. I tried different models from that package as well as to manually export them as FBX in 3Ds Max (instead of using your script), but they all look completely messed up in Maya.

I haven't tried anything with any other models or packages yet.
And since I'm completely new to everything it may very well be issues on my end, and if that is the case I apologize in advance, but I would really appreciate any help I can get to sort these problems out.
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2012, 04:12 »

Make sure you're using the newest plugin for 3DSMax. You
are clearly doing something wrong. I use max and maya
and the meshes are great. Make sure to update your FBX
plugin in both Max and Maya.. that is probably your problem.

..:: ESR911 ::..
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2012, 09:54 »

First off; thanks a ton for creating and maintaining this software Gildor, it's nothing short of amazing.
Thanks!
1. I have only imported Bane and Harley so far but the first problem I noticed is that Bane is transparent in a lot of places (legs, belt, "backpack" and tubes). Harley also seems to have minor texture issues in her face and cleavage, like they're not 'blending' properly or something.
Aren't you talking about "See-Thru Mesh" checkbox?
2. I cannot get any animations to work. I keep getting an error saying; Unknown System Exception. It opens up ActorXImporter.ms and highlights line 1359 which says; "local SeqIdx = FindPsaTrackIndex Anims SeqName      --?? can cache this value"
What version of ActorX Importer are you using?
hasch

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2012, 14:21 »

I downloaded the FBX plugins again as well as the ActorX Importer, just to be sure.
FBX Plugins from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=10775855&siteID=123112
And the ActorX Importer from your website (version 1.24).

I think I solved the FBX issue. It seems that if I try to import another FBX file in the same scene where I imported another one (even if I delete it); the new one gets contorted and twisted.
But if I close the scene and make a new one; it seems to work as it should.

I still have the transparency and animation issues though.
I do not have "See-Thru Mesh" checked and Bane still looks like this;
http://i41.tinypic.com/qq3j1l.jpg

Interesting enough when I convert to FBX and import the model into Maya the mesh isn't transparent at all in the viewport, but when I render him some parts gets transparent; but it's different parts than in 3Ds Max. So I'm dumbfounded.
As for the animation I have no idea how to trouble-shoot it further, since I'm just getting the same error.

EDIT:
I may have worked out two out of three issues so far.
The animations seem to work fine in 3Ds Max 2011, but they don't work at all for me in 3Ds Max 2012.
I still have the transparency issues though (and maybe a few other mesh/texture related issues), however Bane looks slightly different in 3Ds Max 2011.
See here;

I've also noticed other mesh/texture related problems on some other models (penguin white face and left hand, harley weird "texture blending", catwoman promotional model has a fleshcolored rectangle on the back of her left arm etc).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 23:28 by hasch » Logged
wm2008

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2012, 00:12 »

2012 had a major revision to the viewport renderer, that's why it looks different.  2011 does not have the "realistic" setting, which is the default setting for 2012.  The Bane model is also intact, the transparency issue you're seeing is related to the material layers.  Specifically, Bane_Legs_INST_Withered_Inertedflow_Pipes.  You can fix it manually if you really need to.

As for the animations, you probably have a conflicting plugin or script running.  I have had that same error before, in multiple versions, and it ended up being a plugin that was auto-loading at startup.  Animations should work just fine in 2012 (they do for me), so check your installation / settings.
hasch

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2012, 00:45 »

2012 had a major revision to the viewport renderer, that's why it looks different.  2011 does not have the "realistic" setting, which is the default setting for 2012.  The Bane model is also intact, the transparency issue you're seeing is related to the material layers.  Specifically, Bane_Legs_INST_Withered_Inertedflow_Pipes.  You can fix it manually if you really need to.

As for the animations, you probably have a conflicting plugin or script running.  I have had that same error before, in multiple versions, and it ended up being a plugin that was auto-loading at startup.  Animations should work just fine in 2012 (they do for me), so check your installation / settings.
Ah, makes sense (about the viewport).
And thanks for the tip regarding the transparency issue. I obviously still have a ton to learn as I just picked all of this up, but I went ahead and disabled the opacity in the node you mentioned which fixed it. Altough I may very well have broken something else in the process, I need to get more familiar with the software.

As for the animation issue in 2012; I don't have any other scripts or plugins installed other than the ActorX Importer and FBX Exporter. But maybe you're saying that something that comes with the software by default could be causing the issue?
Would be great to get it working in 3Ds Max 2012.
jt2002tj

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2012, 00:45 »

i'm having some trouble using umodel.  i'm probably not doing something right, but if anyone can help...

so i extract the sdl.dll and umodel.exe files to my arkham city folder (...\Batham Arkham City - PC\Batman - Arkham City\BmGame\CookedPCConsole), but when i run umodel.exe, a command window opens and then quickly closes.  i can't even read what it says.  i'm not really sure what i'm doing wrong?

thanks.

edit 1:  i also tried dragging some of the .upk files to umodel.exe, and i still get the same result: the command window opens and closes.

edit 2: okay, guess i was dragging the wrong files.  like the images shown, i tried dragging in playable_catwoman_std_sf.upk and it works i think...  now my question is how do you get the animset to show.  i tried the commands to go through animations, but nothing happens...  which other files do i need to drag in?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:25 by jt2002tj » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2012, 08:03 »

Playable_Catwoman_Std_SF.upk should display at least mesh textures. Try starting from the command line and check umodel's output.
spartan00j

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2012, 01:41 »

HEY were are the sound files located. thanks
jt2002tj

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2012, 11:13 »

Playable_Catwoman_Std_SF.upk should display at least mesh textures. Try starting from the command line and check umodel's output.

right, playable_catwoman_std_sf.upk has the skeletal mesh.  do you remember where the animations are?  there are a lot of anim_catwoman... files; none of which contain any mesh.  i'm not sure how to tie an animation from some anim_catwoman... file to the skeletal mesh in playable_catwoman_std_sf.upk.  the tutorial makes it seem like animations and skeletal meshes should be in the same .upk file.

thanks.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2012, 11:25 »

Package contents:

Playable_Catwoman_SF.upk
  • scripts
  • animations
  • weapons

Playable_Catwoman_Std_SF.upk
  • Catwoman mesh

Playable_Catwoman_Std_1_SF.upk
  • Catwoman mesh

Playable_Catwoman_Std_2_SF.upk
  • Catwoman mesh with damaged skin

The same applicable for Batman packages.

Example command line for viewing animated Catwoman mesh:
Code:
umodel.exe -path=Your-path-to-CookedPC -meshes Playable_Catwoman_Std_SF.upk -pkg=Playable_Catwoman_SF.upk
press <Ctrl+A> key to attach different AnimSets.
jt2002tj

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2012, 07:38 »

Package contents:

Playable_Catwoman_SF.upk
  • scripts
  • animations
  • weapons

Playable_Catwoman_Std_SF.upk
  • Catwoman mesh

Playable_Catwoman_Std_1_SF.upk
  • Catwoman mesh

Playable_Catwoman_Std_2_SF.upk
  • Catwoman mesh with damaged skin

The same applicable for Batman packages.

Example command line for viewing animated Catwoman mesh:
Code:
umodel.exe -path=Your-path-to-CookedPC -meshes Playable_Catwoman_Std_SF.upk -pkg=Playable_Catwoman_SF.upk
press <Ctrl+A> key to attach different AnimSets.

Cheesy thanks!
spartan00j

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2012, 22:59 »

can someone please tell me were the sounds files are located so i can extract them. Grin thank
TheDamnThing

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2012, 00:23 »

Hey

sorry to bother... but does anybody know how to extract the textures of the Xbox360 version of the latest Harley DLC?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: