March 29, 2024, 13:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: BioShock 2 Skeletal Meshes  (Read 12193 times)
C4SECURITYBLANKET

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2012, 23:57 »

Ok, so I found this bat file in the forum (http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,184.0.html) and I updated the bat to look for the blk, the bsm, and the bdc. I was having issues where it was giving me 64 x 64 textures, but that has been fixedish. Now it is extracting everything except skeletal. I tried adding -game=bio and still no difference. It's sort of annoying because all I want are the skeletal meshes xD. Anybody know how to fix this?
Oh, and my notify.log:
Code:
******** Entry.bsm ********

ERROR: Too much unknown files - bad root directory?
RegisterGameFile:./WelcomeBack/Texture/breadwinner_hatS1.tga <- ScanGameDirectory <- ScanGameDirectory <- ScanGameDirectory <- appSetRootDirectory:dir=. <- Main
It does that for every file (Catalog,bdc, the varios bulk files, etc) so I just included that portion of it. Please help!
ADDITIONAL INFO:
I saw when the command line was exporting the files that were skeletal meshes into a nonexistent skeletal mesh folder?
http://i.imgur.com/gVwvn.jpg

EDIT:
I tried manually exporting the files I want, with a little success. I created a batch file that listed Education.bsm's contents andthen saved it as a text file for viewing, and found the specific package I want. I exported it, it created a new folder and the SkeletalMeshes are STILL missing, even though it said it exported them..
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 00:54 by C4SECURITYBLANKET » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 08:24 »

First of all, there are a bunch of links

http://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/faq
What does error "too much unknown files" means?
Why UE3 game textures are in very low resolution - 64x64 instead of 2048x2048?

http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,1099.0.html

Also, do not try to extract anything else than bsm - blk and bdc are not unreal packages and umodel would crush on them.
C4SECURITYBLANKET

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 20:15 »

Ok, I filtered out everything besides the BSMs now. The only issue I'm still having is that it is saying that it's extracting the Skeletal MEshes to ./Education/SkeletalMesh and there is no folder that is created...
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 23:28 »

FAQ
Where I can find extracted files?
C4SECURITYBLANKET

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 03:19 »

I know where is extracting to.. I don't think you understand the issue. UModel is extracting everything but the skeletal meshes. If you look at the link in the original post, it shows model says it extracted skeletal meshes to a folder, and shows the folder doesn't exist. Its just saying its extracting but it isn't
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:40 by C4SECURITYBLANKET » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 08:43 »

Try to use -out=<directory> option. If this will not help you, post your log here (you may grab it using -log=<path-to-logfile> option).
C4SECURITYBLANKET

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 18:23 »

Ok, I got it to go to a specific directory but still no luck on the meshes. I have attached the log. It says it extracted the SkeletalMesh, but there still is no folder for it..

[вложение удалено Администратором]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 18:26 by C4SECURITYBLANKET » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 08:07 »

Is this PC or console Bioshock2 version?
Does "C:\Users\James\Desktop\BioShock 2\SP\umodel_win32\GG/Education/SkeletalMesh" directory exists?
Also, try to remove space from the "BioShock 2" directory name (spaces in file and directory names are evil).
Are textures exported? (to the C:\Users\James\Desktop\BioShock 2\SP\umodel_win32\GG/Education/Texture)
C4SECURITYBLANKET

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 17:39 »

It creates the directory Education, and yes textures are exported into there own folder. It is the PC version
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 17:46 »

Upload education.bsm somewhere, I need to check it by myself.
C4SECURITYBLANKET

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 07:26 »

MediaFire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?z81851209dxtr81
I would have posted the bulk files, but seeing as its the meshes I need and the files are too large(and mega upload is down:/).
The package (which contains the skeletal mesh) from education.bsm I wanted is GathererGirl .
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 09:19 »

Sorry, umodel has lost compatibility with Bioshock 2 (cannot check Bioshock 1). I'll work on this issue soon and report here.
C4SECURITYBLANKET

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 18:27 »

Ok, thank you!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 08:56 »

I've fixed that problem. Get the latest umodel.
C4SECURITYBLANKET

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 05:14 »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin The problem is fixed! I am so happy!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: