March 28, 2024, 20:40
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - Republic Commando  (Read 39018 times)
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2009, 13:08 »

Hey Gildor,

Sorry for disturbing, but I found another UT engine base game. I'm not sure what version it is, but I think it's UT2.0

Here is the line I get when I try to open it:

Code:
******** C:\Game Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Republic Commando\GameData\Animations\vehicles.ukx ********

ERROR: assertion failed: size >= 0 && size < (256<<20)

appMalloc:size=1852788229 <- FArray::Empty <- FString<< <- ReadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:C:\Game Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Republic Commando\GameData\Animations\vehicles.ukx <- Main

Anything else you need for finding out the format? And thanks in advance if you look into it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 13:20 by Ace-Angel » Logged
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 18:36 »

Read the tested support: http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php?topic=126.0
this package is currently not supported, and has been know for some time.

..:: ESR911 ::..
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 19:28 »

Oh ok, thanks.

It doesn't say that it will 'not be supported' so there is still hope Grin
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 00:20 »

Oh ok, thanks.

It doesn't say that it will 'not be supported' so there is still hope Grin

Gildor is working on other implementations that are more top priority. I can tell you that the only way he will implement support for this game would be if some one donates for it. MK vs. DC was only implemented because I donated for it. Also Blacksite: Area 51 was implemented because of a donation. Donations work  Wink

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 00:48 by esr911 » Logged
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:44 »

Aren't donation just a sign of good will? Or do you mean to donating the game, as in sending him the game?

esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 04:00 »

Aren't donation just a sign of good will? Or do you mean to donating the game, as in sending him the game?
Donating is a sign of good will, there is no guarantee that implementation will be possible due to technical issues like "Paraiah". Yet currently their is no intention to support this package unless there is interest and or donations, because implemtations take time that could be spent on more important things. Also It helps if Gildor really likes the game. Supporting UT2 games take less priority generally than UT3 games.

To see if Gildor is willing to work on this package PM him.
I hope this helps.

...:: ESR911 ::...
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 08:58 »

Donating is a sign of good will, there is no guarantee that implementation will be possible due to technical issues like "Paraiah". Yet currently their is no intention to support this package unless there is interest and or donations, because implemtations take time that could be spent on more important things. Also It helps if Gildor really likes the game. Supporting UT2 games take less priority generally than UT3 games.

To see if Gildor is willing to work on this package PM him.
I hope this helps.

...:: ESR911 ::...
Ah alright. When i can, i'll see when i can donate something for his work to help him.

Also for Paraiah, there is a way to get the models out but no rig or animation however. It's the same method how dany25 explained about how to get the KF models from the kf editor map and exporting them into OBJ from static mesh.

Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 11:54 »

Well, then...if anyone could get the UnrealEd of SWRC running that would be great too. I wouldn't have posted here unless the Editor was working.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 12:30 »

Also for Paraiah, there is a way to get the models out but without rig or animation data however. It's the same method how dany25 explained about how to get the KF models from the kf editor map and exporting them into OBJ from static mesh.
There is no way to get data from Pariah. But of course, you can use one of the 3D rippers.
Pariah programmers have swizzled most (or all) game data structures without improving engine quality or adding any new functionality. To support this game I'll require to rewrite almost all umodel parts (ugly code).

A few words about donations. Sorry, my English is not perfect, and it's hard for me to speak about non-technical themes.
Umodel development takes all my free time for more than a year (almost 1.5 years). I have my own plans about its development. Also I have other projects too, which were suspended because of Umodel.

Of course, donations are a sign of good will. But when donating, you'll force me to change my current plans. For example, SLI_Fallen has donated to me for Blacksite: Area 51 support. He didn't asked me - whether support of that game is possible at all. But I was forced to suspend my own plans and spend some time to support that game. As you may know, it was successful Smiley
In other words, donations forced me to perform work in out-of-order place, or even perform work, which will never would have be performed.

I can't support all games - it's simply impossible, because most UE-developers modifies engines Sad
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 17:42 by gildor » Logged
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 18:55 »

I don't think anyone wants you to abandon the true purpose of umodel. The donations should be general and not for specific games, not if it forces you to abandon your project. It is good that you write it here so we know that it happened
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 22:40 »

Also for Paraiah, there is a way to get the models out but without rig or animation data however. It's the same method how dany25 explained about how to get the KF models from the kf editor map and exporting them into OBJ from static mesh.
There is no way to get data from Pariah. But of course, you can use one of the 3D rippers.
Pariah programmers have swizzled most (or all) game data structures without improving engine quality or adding any new functionality. To support this game I'll require to rewrite almost all umodel parts (ugly code).

A few words about donations. Sorry, my English is not perfect, and it's hard for me to speak about non-technical themes.
Umodel development takes all my free time for more than a year (almost 1.5 years). I have my own plans about its development. Also I have other projects too, which were suspended because of Umodel.

Of course, donations are a sign of good will. But when donating, you'll force me to change my current plans. For example, SLI_Fallen has donated to me for Blacksite: Area 51 support. He didn't asked me - whether support of that game is possible at all. But I was forced to suspend my own plans and spend some time to support that game. As you may know, it was successful Smiley
In other words, donations forced me to perform work in out-of-order place, or even perform work, which will never would have be performed.

I can't support all games - it's simply impossible, because most UE-developers modifies engines Sad

Well like i said before though, if you use the method dany25 explain for kf static mesh trick you can do just the same with Paraish, with the paraish editor.

Work just fine, no animation or rig as i've said before. As for Dxripper goes, it doesn't work at all for paraish and even enjecting it doesn't work either.

As for donations, I just hope people only donate to help your work and not the idea of only donating for their own needs. You can do your other work if you may, hopefully some people here would understand that. You should do your other stuff if you really need to, if umodel hold you up too much from our request. If and when i donate, it would be just for the thanks that you've done for working hard on this program that helped a lot of people, such as myself in porting.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 17:20 by esr911 » Logged

esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 23:43 »

I remember some time ago when I extracted models from Pariah. I was successful in using the bones for UT2004 on them for skinning.

Good Luck.

Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 03:44 »

Who is this  Shocked
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 12:15 »

Hey, guys!
Pariah has it's own thread on the forum Wink
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 17:09 by esr911 » Logged
Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 18:10 »

Problem is, I cannot even startup the Unrealed of the game (SW:RC).

Since most of the community is dead, this the only active site I know of that 'deals' with the UT engine.

Also, no, I don't own UT2K4 anymore.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 18:12 by Ace-Angel » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: