March 28, 2024, 12:52
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Prepare to support BioShock Infinite?  (Read 52879 times)
Ziegel

Anya

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 01:57 »

When I try to look up all these different filetypes, I end up back here. xD This might be easier to extract than the last game... Or not, but...

I do have one question: Why are animations not supported in similar games? BioShock 1/2 didn't I believe, and I got linked to Dishonored where you said it wasn't supported. Is there a specific reason you could say?

Animation support also has to d with the skeleton setup of the model itself. but of course also coding. So it could be both. I think gildor can explain it much better since I'am only a modeler and animator.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 02:18 »

Ah yes, each animation must correspond to its respective model, which can be very dynamic. If you have to piggyback the model to find/define the animation, then you'd have trouble if you can't extract files 100% to begin with.

Edit: Gildor, I have a question for whenever you are back from moving to respond. Would you require a Russian BioShock Infinite key or can it be North American?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:26 by MegaScience » Logged
twiddle87

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 03:39 »

From what I can tell, on PC at least, xxx files are a variant of the *cooked* UPK file format with what I think is a new header and potentially a new compression scheme (though that might be simply due to me not being able to interpret the header correctly, hehe)
I've attached two screencaps showing the differences between a script package from the new Alice, and one from Bioshock Infinite. Its fairly obvious that there is some sort of table in the Bioshock file which is not present in the Alice one (correlating on the string "None" present in both). I note that the magic number for a UPK ( C1 83 2A 9E) occurs both at 0x0, before that table, and at 0x1c1 in that screenshot, possibly hinting at a file merge of some sort, or extra data added during the cooking process? Simply removing the data up to the second magic number did not yield a usable file, leading my thinking away from the former explanation.

As an aside, my interest in this is expanding the script files - keybinds in Infinite are not being read from the ini files as usual, but a serialized binary blob, and if I can expand the script packages, I can use UE Explorer to decompile the uscript and hopefully work out how that serialization occurs, so I can enable hold-to-zoom and such...

[вложение удалено Администратором]
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 10:34 »

Well, as to be expected, CachedPackageList.bin suggests the file structure. At least, before compiling into the compressed files, but apparent original filenames and such?

Edit: If anyone else can gift gildor the game, that would not only be helpful for this program but, if he finds time, give him a wonderful game experience.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:44 by MegaScience » Logged
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 14:24 »

The reason was stated mutiple times, Bioshock(s) used a modified havok animation files, it is basically a unknown format.
twiddle87

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 14:47 »

Well, as to be expected, CachedPackageList.bin suggests the file structure. At least, before compiling into the compressed files, but apparent original filenames and such?

CachedPackageList.bin shows that Filename.upk is now Filename.xxx (ie it confirms my earlier surmise that xxx files were actually UPKs) - unfortunately it does not describe what is *inside* Filename.upk .
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 02:36 »

The reason was stated mutiple times, Bioshock(s) used a modified havok animation files, it is basically a unknown format.

I knew that, but it's been like 2-3 years since I came around here, so couldn't remember immediately. x-x BioShock news died down, and it was the only Unreal game I really played.
twiddle87

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 02:45 »

Just in case it is unclear, my post referred to the .xxx files (ie UPK files) that contain game data, including compiled script, rather than headers for assets inside those files. Before we can begin to see if animations use custom formats or anything else, we need to sort out the new file header to begin extracting data. No way to tell if Infinite uses non-standard assets until we do.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 18:42 »

Gildor, you might have to play the game first before starting this. Otherwise, you'll be sad.
Ziegel

Anya

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 02:09 »

Gildor, you might have to play the game first before starting this. Otherwise, you'll be sad.

Not if you only take a few models out of the game. And I dont even know gildor do play all games.
He barely have time at the moment. Still hope to get bioshock infinite supported soon because I need assets for crafting props and making the dresses.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 06:55 »

I'm just saying I think there's a large archive of assets he probably wouldn't want to see if he has any interest in playing it. In any case... We still need to find him a copy to test with. Amazon says used is $40, but I'm not sure how that would work since every game has its own key. I've checked the files on my disc, and they are actually Steam pre-load files. AKA not set up like the game, and requiring Steam to unpack them correctly.

Edit: I know it wouldn't work without Gildor having a try at it, but I wanted to test anyway. This is what happens when I try this line:

umodel -path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BioShock Infinite\XGame\CookedPCConsole_FR" -list S_BW_Skyhook_Airlock_LOD

Edit2: Different file:

umodel -path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BioShock Infinite\XGame\CookedPCConsole_FR" -list S_TWN3_P

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:41 by MegaScience » Logged
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 10:47 »

It does appear possible to get the models out without your extensive experience, gildor: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1256964

In this case, we just need someone to buy you the game. It might not even be too difficult/too different from other games.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:51 by MegaScience » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 17:48 »

Hi everyone.
As I mentioned in "Relocation" thread, I've successfully moved to UK. Unfortunately I have no PC here yet, that's why Bioshock 3 is still not supported.
By the way I'm quite happy that people found a way to extract resources without umodel, so this game is not required to be supported by umodel anymore.
Ziegel

Anya

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 19:19 »

Hi everyone.
As I mentioned in "Relocation" thread, I've successfully moved to UK. Unfortunately I have no PC here yet, that's why Bioshock 3 is still not supported.
By the way I'm quite happy that people found a way to extract resources without umodel, so this game is not required to be supported by umodel anymore.

Well Your tool is much better than all other strange work around that doesn't work properly. umodel is 1 of the best tools out there.
So I think when you support it. a lot of people will be happy to! Maybe there is something that could be changed or added by other programmers know a way so it supports every new UE game without needed updates or something.
Your way of handing the files is lot better than how those guys on facepunch doe. Its just putting parts of models together and hope the correct model will be created.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 19:25 by Ziegel » Logged
RipperOne
Sponsor

Located

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 20:48 »

Hi, Gildor! I'd like to buy this game for you. Not just because of UViewer, but because you have to play this game. Seriously, its something even better than HL2. Best game ever for me, no doubts.

But here is a problem. My Steam account is Russian, which means that every game i buyed can't be played anywhere else. So... what should i do? If it would be easy for you i can just transfer money to you so you can buy it yourself.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: