March 28, 2024, 20:55
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite  (Read 85180 times)
interdpth

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2013, 18:50 »

I'm in the process of something, but I don't expect it to do models. I'll see how it handles the DLC when I get home. Was having too much fun trying it out
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2013, 23:01 »

I mainly want this since for the most part all the files follow a consistent naming format, so by having this program check the entire folder, I'd get all the concept art, all the special things, etc. in one list to document. UModel is nice, but loading up each individual file just grabs from the main archives, so I see duplicates in the lists due to the files loading up the same resources between them. Gets confusing with Infinite's size. And UModel doesn't seem to agree with the DLC either, so maybe if a fix is found here, the fix could be added to UModel?
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2013, 09:41 »

Sad that people abandoned such great projects, sigh.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2013, 17:47 »

Actually, he's working on this again. He says it's already working, but currently requires copying files to different directories. He's working on making it read from multiple directories instead of manual moving/copying of files though.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2013, 23:30 »

Hi guys,
Sorry, could someone explain me what's missing in umodel but you're expecting to get in the tool described in this thread?
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2013, 13:01 »

UModel has the limitation of being precise. That is, you open up a specific level's file and get the models used in that level from the main archive. What this program is doing is loading the entire directory to retrieve all files available, then allowing you to sort them and such. It also provides some extra data UModel doesn't show, like some sort of scripting.

And I wouldn't expect UModel to take on such features. 1: It is a very specific feature, per game. 2: It is a lot more demanding and a lot less stable to do in bulk. 3: The data UModel doesn't show isn't exactly essential to anyone but people like me who document on the wiki, although I seem to find most of this data floating in other files anyway.

Point being, we just want to have everything pulled out and sorted by name, so we can pull out any advertisements, posters, etc. based on the developer's naming convention. I wouldn't demand such a feature in UModel for the above reasons.

Edit: Also, since different levels can use the same files, sometimes in large amounts, going file-by-file with UModel can take longer when crossing through commonly used objects and textures. I sometimes save the same file multiple times because I can't recall if I remembered to save it originally.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 13:05 by MegaScience » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2013, 13:37 »

Are you sure that BatchExporter wouldn't help you?
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2013, 15:24 »

Hmm, well BatchExporter would be exporting all the files at once. What his program does is collects a list of files for you to choose from, which you can scroll through and select specific files to view. Again, you can also sort by name, and since most files follow a specific format name-wise, it makes collecting all advertisements, posters, etc. easier.

Although, if the program instead used UModel as a base and UModel provided the hooks, might be interesting... I do agree it is odd having this separate program.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2013, 15:32 »

I thought about hooks etc, but I don't have time to implement GUI right now Sad
That'd be much easier if someone would make some basic GUI and provide me a source - I'd modify it and umodel to work together (not just as a simple launcher)
grub

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2013, 15:07 »

MegaScience: How long 'til release? Been waiting since lord knows how long and I'm feeling excited again. I thought all this stuff had died!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2013, 18:25 »

Although, if the program instead used UModel as a base and UModel provided the hooks, might be interesting... I do agree it is odd having this separate program.
I've just reviewed the thread and found that BI Explorer has really nice UI - much better than any UE3 tool I saw before. If this tool would use umodel for Unreal file processing and visualization perhaps it could be very powerful explorer for many Unreal engine games.

So, if source code (and author's permission for modification) are available, I'd like to integrate BI Explorer with umodel.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2013, 05:39 »

Just left him a message on Steam. He isn't extremely consistent, but that's my contact with him sooo.
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2014, 06:05 »

Anything new?
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2014, 03:39 »

He gave me an updated build to work with, which I shared with Pauolo, since we're both using it for wiki-purposes. It's up to him to release it here, but it needs some rewrites for usability.
ultrasahand

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2014, 01:50 »

dear sir,
are you planing to release any of these objects and materials? i really need those POV hands
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: