March 29, 2024, 18:56
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: ME2 Shepard's Corny Dancing  (Read 3675 times)
BallisticGE0RGE
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2013, 22:45 »

Hey guys, I've been exporting stuff from Mass Effect for a machinima I'm making, and I found all sorts of psa files of dancing...but I cannot find the corny one Shepard does in the game. It's kind of specific, and has been made fun of in the game directly, so I wanted to get my hands on that exact one. Here's what it looks like...

I've loaded every PSA including the "HMM_" tag, since that's male Shepard's animations...but came up with ZERO dancing animations. HMF_ has a few, but those are all the dancing motions from the strippers and such...
BallisticGE0RGE
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 03:47 »

Maybe something is going wrong...I've found a AnimSequence that is most likely...the thing I want...it's called HMM_AM_Towny_AM_Dancing....I've used the batch exporter on the game and opened EVERY HMM_AM_Towny.psa file and not one of them has "AM_Dancing" or any dancing anims....I found the file in BioD_OmgHub_500DenVIP_LOC_INT.pcc....but when I extract the package, HMM_AM_Towny_AM_Dancing isn't there. Then I go an look at the batch extract, and I see that it didn't even have a folder called BioD_OmgHub_500DenVIP...so did the batch extractor just skip this pcc?

When I try extracting just the sequence all I get is...
Found 1732 game files (9 skipped)
Loading package: BioD_OmgHub_500DenVIP_LOC_INT.pcc Ver: 512/130 Engine: 3607 Names: 3358 Exports: 7459 Imports: 210 Game: 8003
Export "HMM_AM_Towny_AM_Dancing" was found in package BioD_OmgHub_500DenVIP_LOC_INT
Loading AnimSequence HMM_AM_Towny_AM_Dancing from package BioD_OmgHub_500DenVIP_LOC_INT.pcc
Loading package: Startup_INT.pcc Ver: 512/130 Engine: 3607 Names: 2592 Exports: 3169 Imports: 141 Game: 8003
check for HMM_AM_Towny_BioAnimSetData in BioD_OmgHub_500DenVIP_LOC_INT
check for HMM_AM_Towny_BioAnimSetData in Startup_INT
WARNING: Import(BIOG_HMM_AM_A.HMM_AM_Towny_BioAnimSetData) was not found
Found 1 object(s)
Loaded in 0.016 sec, 6134 allocs, 0.39 MBytes serialized in 360 calls.
Exporting objects ...
ERROR: Export object HMM_AM_Towny_AM_Dancing: unsupported type AnimSequence

Not sure where to go from here....
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:14 »

AnimSequence is really unsupported alone. It should be used in any AnimSet to be exported.
BallisticGE0RGE
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 00:25 »

I know, the problem is no animset has this animation. It claims that it's in HMM_AM_Towny...yet I imported every single animset with that name and no luck!

I actually gave up and went to Mass Effect 3, and imported all of their HMM_AM_Towny files, and found it instantly. For some reason, umodel wasn't extracting that animation sequence with that animset from ME2...but was in ME3.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:35 »

Perhaps UE3 in ME2 has bug caused unlinked AnimSequence to be placed into cooked upk file. Also it's possible that you didn't find corresponding AnimSet which uses it. Also, Mass Effect has extension to original animation system - they separated some data from AnimSet to BioAnimSetData class, and sometimes AnimSet does not exist for AnimSequence. In the case of existing BioAnimSetData without link from AnimSet umodel will generate AnimSet with message in the log "Generating AnimSet <name> (<number> sequences)"
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: