March 29, 2024, 14:41
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: All Points Bulletin: Reloaded renewed support (files no longer open)  (Read 8901 times)
RaiRaiTheRaichu
« on: August 20, 2013, 14:43 »

Hello,

As of a few days ago, UE Viewer no longer can open newer .upk files from APB:R. Here are a few errors I get while trying to open the updated files:

Code:
******** C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_ColbyClassic.upk ********

ERROR: Trying to allocate 367016384 bytes
appMalloc:size=367016384 <- FArray::Empty:1365115804 x 16 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=564/32 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_ColbyClassic.upk, ver=564/32, game=8000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_ColbyClassic.upk <- Main

******** C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_BaseAssaultRifle.upk ********

ERROR: Trying to allocate 1427520240 bytes
appMalloc:size=1427520240 <- FArray::Empty:-179215441 x 16 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=564/32 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_BaseAssaultRifle.upk, ver=564/32, game=8000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_BaseAssaultRifle.upk <- Main

******** C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_AssaultRifle_ATac.upk ********

ERROR: Unable to serialize 4 bytes at pos=633293
FFileReader::Serialize:File=Weapon_AssaultRifle_ATac.upk <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FCompressedChunk<< <- TArray::Serialize:18428/3786727 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=564/32 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_AssaultRifle_ATac.upk, ver=564/32, game=8000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_AssaultRifle_ATac.upk <- Main

******** C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_AssaultRifle.upk ********

ERROR: Trying to allocate -982514800 bytes
appMalloc:size=-982514800 <- FArray::Empty:-61407175 x 16 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=564/32 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_AssaultRifle.upk, ver=564/32, game=8000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\DesignObjects\Weapons\Weapon_AssaultRifle.upk <- Main

You can find the packages in the directories you can see in the error log if you grab the game for free off Steam. Otherwise, I have a few files here that don't open, one old one that opens and the new one after the patch for comparison, including really old ones that seem to have a different layout (they have a full diffuse map without MAT_INST.mat files). Here's a link to them all: APB:R Reference Files

On a side note, as I'm a little unfamiliar with Unreal files, the diffuse maps for some of the weapons in APB:R seem to be stored in .mat files. How can I extract the textures those files (assuming that's where the missing diffuse maps are)? There are ones with diffuse maps plainly in the package in the reference files I uploaded, along with ones that have a blank diffuse map and MAT_INST.mat files with the names of all the weapon skins (which I assume it pulls the diffuse maps from instead.)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 15:22 »

This problem already was reported multiple times. Umodel is not compatible with new APB version. I can't do update because APB's executable is encrypted.
RaiRaiTheRaichu
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 19:34 »

I gotcha. Alright, sorry about that. It works with older files, so I'll just have to stick with those then. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 00:35 by RaiRaiTheRaichu » Logged
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 14:37 »

everything is supported except for the weapons:

Code:
Memory: bad allocation size -1859300080 bytes
appMalloc:size=-1859300080 (total=1 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:152229201 x 16 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- SerializePackageFileSummary3 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=564/32 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Content/Release/Packages/DesignObjects/Weapons/Weapon_AssaultRifle_FAR.upk, ver=564/32, game=ue3 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:Content/Release/Packages/DesignObjects/Weapons/Weapon_AssaultRifle_FAR.upk <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=801

is this same error that can't be solved?

Коллекционирую игровые модели.
my blog - http://cgig.ru
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 15:04 »

Won't setting game to "APB" help?
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 12:18 »

no, works the same

Коллекционирую игровые модели.