Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Help me out with Marvel Heroes  (Read 6932 times)
gldss

View Profile
Help me out with Marvel Heroes
« on: August 25, 2013, 13:18 »

Help me out with tfc files in Marvel Heroes.
All upk package it possesses textures porém muito pequenas 32 x 32.
I've been observing CookedPC and saw a file name chartextures.tfc, I was worried, I started those searching and found this solution but did not understand how to proceed:
Solution:

NEEDED TOOLS:

Gildor's umodel (this guy is a true champand all praise should go to him I just followed what he wrote one should do to extract tfc)

INTRO

TFC files contain raw data for texture files in compressed form (lzo). In hex editor you can see that each file starts with a 4 place hex code c1-83-2a-9e.

EXTRACTING

There is no way to extract textures and other stuff directly from tfc so you must use upk files pointing to texture (give it necessary metadata).

1. download umodel and put all tfc from your cook files folder into umodel folder
2. look for ufc file which seems to be linked to the texture u need and copy it to the same folder (browse by size and name to make it easy) i.e. i looked for backflags so soldier_malekevlar_sf.upk was a pretty obvious choice
3. run command prompt, navigate to your folder then run command "umodel -export -lzo NAME.upk" in my case it was soldier_malekevlar_sf.upk
4. voila! browse trough extracted textures inside texture2d folder in newly created NAME folder

Happy hunting!

Also there should be a way to insert it back into tfc file but I haven't figured it out yet.

..:: Amphibious ::..

I really need of textures.
Thanks to all who help me!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Help me out with Marvel Heroes
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 13:26 »

Strange instructions. What is "ufc file"?
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 16:16 »

tl:dr got an idea for a simple sig scanner, maybe useful for you

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ha4z344w5rxqo4/TFCScanner.rar

greetz WV
gldss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 23:24 »

Strange instructions. What is "ufc file"?

I do know even is very strange.
So I want a solution in order to extract the textures!

warrantyvoider, thank you for wanting help me but do not understand this.
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 04:20 »

this tool prints out a list of offsets where you find chunkheaders of textures, from there on you can extract the chunks to textures, see this

greetz WV
gldss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:51 »

I will check, thank you!
pepsiguy_2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 06:15 »

this tool prints out a list of offsets where you find chunkheaders of textures, from there on you can extract the chunks to textures, see this

greetz WV

write up a quick guide? I'm confused too
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 15:53 »

these offsets are usually linked in the game files (upk I guess?!) and points to the header of a compressed chunk. if you use the info from my link before, you will see you always find the signature where the offsets are. and thats all my tools does, searching for these signatures instead of running through all packets. now if you look up one of these offsets you have 4 ints (the header) with the signature and blocksize, uncompressed and compressed size. with these you can calculate how many blocks follow. now after the header comes the blocklist, each entry is 2 ints long and times the blockcount. it tells you the uncompressed and the compressed size of the block. after the blocktable you read in each block into a compressed size array and decompress it in a decompressed sized array. these uncompressed blocks you then simply chain and you have your texture as dds, tga, or whatever fileformat, just rename it. as stated in the link, there are only 3 possible compression algorithm so you just have to trial and error through the correct one.

greetz WV
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 20:16 »

This will not help people to extract anything from TFC file - it contains pixel data only with no DDS headers.
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 20:38 »

it still comes in sizes 2^n so you can guess it (or let it guess) Tongue

greetz WV

PS: but yeah, reading the infos from the packages is the "official" way
gldss

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 13:30 »

tl:dr got an idea for a simple sig scanner, maybe useful for you

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ha4z344w5rxqo4/TFCScanner.rar

greetz WV
these offsets are usually linked in the game files (upk I guess?!) and points to the header of a compressed chunk. if you use the info from my link before, you will see you always find the signature where the offsets are. and thats all my tools does, searching for these signatures instead of running through all packets. now if you look up one of these offsets you have 4 ints (the header) with the signature and blocksize, uncompressed and compressed size. with these you can calculate how many blocks follow. now after the header comes the blocklist, each entry is 2 ints long and times the blockcount. it tells you the uncompressed and the compressed size of the block. after the blocktable you read in each block into a compressed size array and decompress it in a decompressed sized array. these uncompressed blocks you then simply chain and you have your texture as dds, tga, or whatever fileformat, just rename it. as stated in the link, there are only 3 possible compression algorithm so you just have to trial and error through the correct one.

greetz WV

Ok, so far understood.
Use tool to extract the weight of compressed textures Ok?
2 int, headers, scientific calculation, I have no information on this subject.
It is as possible a batch.bat to do all this, it would be very good!
Forgive me because I am new at this.
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 14:14 »

I give up
gldss

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 19:50 »

I give up
Ok, thanks for the try.
I will try rebuild the texture by bodypaint 3d.
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 20:09 »

Oh my god - use nija riper or 3D ripper DX, apply maximum settings quality.
Jump to: