March 29, 2024, 03:58
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Trouble Find the Sound Effects  (Read 4002 times)
Dep200

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2014, 03:25 »

Hi all,

Gildor your stuff rocks thanks.  Now for my problem, I am trying to locate the sound effects, not dialogue, for Mass Effect 2.  Specifically I am current looking for the Normandy's sounds for the doors open and closing.  When I try export with the (-export -sounds) from a .pcc file it exports everything like the -all command but no sound effects.  I tried using it on .afc files but says it can not file the file.  Gibbed's Audio Extractor is great for the dialogue but that is all it appears to find.  So, question two parts 1) are the sound effects stored in the .pcc files and if so what am i doing wrong and if not where are they and how to I get them.

Here is my cmd command line

Umoded -export -sounds -path="my path to cooked pc" -out="my path to put the export files" the .pcc file I am looking for the sound effect in.

Thanks, sorry such a noob.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:22 »

Hi,
I think sounds for this game are simply not in unreal packages. Perhaps in .afc, but these files are not packages.
Dep200

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 13:53 »

Hi Gildor

Thanks that is what I was beginning to think.  I just got done extracting all the .afc files with Gibbed's tool.  Guess I will go through them one at a time and see if I can find what I am looking for, thanks so much for such an amazing tool.

Dep.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 14:55 »

Wink
N7leadfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 06:56 »

Hi Gildor

Thanks that is what I was beginning to think.  I just got done extracting all the .afc files with Gibbed's tool.  Guess I will go through them one at a time and see if I can find what I am looking for, thanks so much for such an amazing tool.

Dep.

Wink

Hey, I'm not sure if either of you two are around anymore or if anyone ever figured this out, but I am also trying to find the SFX files and am having a nightmare of a time getting them. I've read that an idea you two shared was extracing .afc files and converting them to .ogg (or something of that nature) but I'm not even able to find the .afc files to tinker with. Would either of you happen to remember anything about this?

Thanks
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: