March 29, 2024, 00:59
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Umodel now has own GUI  (Read 27008 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2014, 23:56 »

For those who missed this update from the main site page
http://www.gildor.org/node/185
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:03 by Gildor » Logged
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:59 »

I can't choose multiple packages? like for Bioshock Infinite, I want to click all the packages and let it extract. When I press extract for any package, it will load the first texture it finds and show it in the "viewer" thus stopping the extaction process permanency.  Example of what I mean is in the picture.

Just a few improvements that I think would help
*Save user info, so I don't have to keep searching for the game files every time I open Umodel
*Export all packages option

[вложение удалено Администратором]
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 12:41 »

I can't choose multiple packages?
Not yet
When I press extract for any package, it will load the first texture it finds and show it in the "viewer" thus stopping the extaction process permanency.
Very strange. May be you double-clicked on package name instead of pressing "Export" button?
*Save user info, so I don't have to keep searching for the game files every time I open Umodel
That's planned. By the way you may pass -path=... command line option to umodel, and it will be picked up, like before
*Export all packages option
Not sure about "all packages", but at least multi-selection will appear later.
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 16:08 »

The export thing was a user error, not the program. But the only thing that's weird is that the program opens a texture at the end of the exporting, why not close out the console and display a message saying "Export complete!" cause when the texture opens in the viewer, I think there is still more to export but there is not.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 16:18 »

Umodel will automatically close only when if you're starting it from the command line and no UI appears. But I decided to keep it working after exporting with UI in a case if user wants to export another package - he can simply push <O> button and load or export another package.
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 16:21 »

Ah okay, cause that's what gets me is when a texture pops up in the viewer, I think there is still more to extract but there is not. I can run Umodel from the command line? would I be able to use the batch extract file with the command line?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 16:25 »

Sure, full previous functionality remains in place. UI appears only when user enters a command line which didn't do anything useful before - for example, when user forgot to put -path=... or forgot to add a package name. By the way, you may enter full correct command line, and add "-gui" option - this will force umodel to pop up the startup dialog anyway.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 22:11 »

Some UI update. Package list now has "flat" mode (see the checkbox on top of the window). In this mode, all packages are displayed in single list without a directory tree control on the left. Also I've added a "filter" text field - when it's not empty, package list will contain only files which names contains entered string.

This work was done as a prerequisite for multiselection of packages in list for either viewing or export.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 02:30 »

Major update. Now you can select multiple packages from UI in either load them for viewing or export.

Please note that I completely rewrote a large amount of code which wasn't changed for a few years, so I'm expecting bugs or even crashes, despite I did some tests by myself. Feel free to report any problems here.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:38 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 00:39 »

Hi all,

Today I've implemented a progress window for loading and exporting packages. You may abort current operation at any time by pressing <Esc> key or by pushing "Cancel" button.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:01 by Gildor » Logged
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 17:49 »

Is LOD extraction supported?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 17:55 »

There's no export options UI yet, but as usual you may supply necessary options with command line. In your case put this command to the shortcut:
Code:
umodel.exe -lods
X7

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 19:00 »

Is there any option that after closing "UE Viewer" the GUI and app will back instead of closing?

edit: nvm, i've read the information about "O" key  Grin

keep going!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 19:03 by X7 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 19:04 »

Closing a window closes an application. Isn't it standard behavior? Otherwise how do you assume to close umodel?
Probably you didn't read my posts about GUI and didn't notice a message at the bottom of "package selection" dialog: you may press "O" key at any time to pop up this dialog again.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 01:43 »

Some visual appearance changes

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:01 by Gildor » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: