March 28, 2024, 22:21
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gears of War games sound extraction  (Read 3399 times)
Micadi

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:07 »

Firstly thank you Gildor for developing and sharing with everyone your UE Viewer, I used this tool a few times in the past and never had any problems with it.
Now though I need to ask for some help.

I really want to get my hands on Gears of War series in game audio/sounds/voiceclips - basically what characters say in game, mostly focused on battle quotes / taunts etc. etc. for modding purposes.
Unfortunately I was never able to afford a game console, I have only a PC. Even though I really liked the general concept of Gears of War universe I was able only to play the first title and only watch youtube walkthroughs for next titles.

That being said can I ask for someone to extract sound files from Gears of War 2 and 3 and Judgement and share them with me? I'm not interested in music or ambient sounds, only character quotes and interactions. I know it will probably take some time but please help someone who is unable to do it himself.
HunterAP

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 23:29 »

So incidentally, I have extracted the sounds from Gears 2, 3, and Judgement, but umodel isn't able to extract sounds from the first game. I can share what I have extracted with you, Micadi, but I'm hoping Gildor sees this and can help me out.

When using umodel to the Common Classes, everything gets extracted. When I unselect all classes and only have the Sound box checked, it get the following error:
assertion failed: H.Tag == PACKAGE_FILE_TAG

FCompressedChunkHeader<<:pos=2C <- appReadCompressedChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeDataChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeData <- FByteBulkData::Serialize <- USoundNodeWave::Serialize <- LoadObject:SoundNodeWave'10_2_CrashSite_CineLevel.BAIRD_EB_03B', pos=2C, ver=374/0, game=ue3 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:10_2_CrashSite_CineLevel <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=634

I have tried to have umodel figure out the package version on it's own and had overriden it to Unreal Engine 3 -> Gears of War, but they both produce this result.
And this occurs with pretty much all packages, it's not just limited to the 10_2_CrashSite_CineLevel.xxx.
MarcusLiquid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 00:16 »

So incidentally, I have extracted the sounds from Gears 2, 3, and Judgement, but umodel isn't able to extract sounds from the first game. I can share what I have extracted with you, Micadi, but I'm hoping Gildor sees this and can help me out.

I have tried to have umodel figure out the package version on it's own and had overriden it to Unreal Engine 3 -> Gears of War, but they both produce this result.
And this occurs with pretty much all packages, it's not just limited to the 10_2_CrashSite_CineLevel.xxx.

Hey, can you please send me the sound files you extracted from Gears 2, 3 & J? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Broula

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 01:46 »

Hi.

I have the same problem here, I'm after the speech for the characters, I get something like this when I try to export the .XXX :

Fatal Error

appMalloc:size=1694568448 (total=2 Mbytes) <- FByteBulkData::SerializeDataChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeData <- FByteBulkData::Serialize <- USoundNodeWave::Serialize <- LoadObject:SoundNodeWave'10_2_CrashSite_CineLevel_LOC_fra.BairdChatter_Affirmative_Loud01', pos=D5BB, ver=374/0, game=ue3 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:10_2_CrashSite_CineLevel_LOC_fra <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=913

I hope someone can fix this, and anyways thanks a lot for the hard work you people have put in this.
Cheers
Simo311

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 18:48 »

Yeah, i've got the same issue!
Can please somebody help me?
Thanks!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: