March 28, 2024, 16:08
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Nosgoth  (Read 8997 times)
rdlady

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 21:58 »

And here are the files that I extracted: http://zenhax.com/download/file.php?id=2852
hetsen

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2021, 18:53 »

Here is the AES key and a tool using it in order to unpack the upks. Exporting files has a somewhat success but I hope it could be better now when files can be read. Would this help in order to be able to use UE Viewer for Nosgoth?

Code:
Nosgoth Unreal Package AES Key:

AC 5A 42 5F 92 D9 09 7C D3 6D 64 C9 09 C2 6E A0 74 95 0F 0E D7 EB 30 52 7A C7 AC DE FA 09 C0 6B

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/168036390246940673/340043943897071626/nosgoth_decrypt.exe
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 04:14 »

@hetsen: Latest umodel seems to work fine with decrypted upks (though I didn't test it much). If you mean integrating decryption function into umodel, it's quite bothersome and doesn't worth it.
hetsen

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 23:47 »

Okay, the thing I was hoping for was to be able to extract the models complete with textures and such so it can be imported into UDK again without extra steps
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 02:55 »

@hetsen: Like I said, umodel works fine with both kind of meshes and textures if you'll open decrypted upks in it, so you can export them as usual. You just need to decrypt all upks with the tool you've linked and rename them afterward. For example, following batch will do the work, just place it with nosgoth_decrypt in the folder with upks:
Code:
for %%a in (*.upk) do (nosgoth_decrypt "%%~fa")
del *.upk
rename *.upk.unpacked *.
Though it will delete all original upks and you'll need a lot of free space, since decryption tool also decompress files as well. Alternatively, you can run only the first string from the batch, move "unpacked" files somewhere and then run third string from the batch on them.
hetsen

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2021, 19:36 »

@hetsen: Like I said, umodel works fine with both kind of meshes and textures if you'll open decrypted upks in it, so you can export them as usual. You just need to decrypt all upks with the tool you've linked and rename them afterward. For example, following batch will do the work, just place it with nosgoth_decrypt in the folder with upks:
Code:
for %%a in (*.upk) do (nosgoth_decrypt "%%~fa")
del *.upk
rename *.upk.unpacked *.
Though it will delete all original upks and you'll need a lot of free space, since decryption tool also decompress files as well. Alternatively, you can run only the first string from the batch, move "unpacked" files somewhere and then run third string from the batch on them.

I got it working but it doesn't seem to find the textures for the static mesh stuff.. Well, except at handful of them. Maybe I'm dooing it wrong, I've got the tcf-files at the same location.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2021, 00:01 »

@hetsen: Apparently the game is using custom materials. You can take a look if they're linked to mesh by pressing "M" after opening the mesh. Also you can look at logs/warnings in cmd window for better understanding. Either way, such materials can be recreated only manually (if possible).
hetsen

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2021, 11:23 »

@hetsen: Apparently the game is using custom materials. You can take a look if they're linked to mesh by pressing "M" after opening the mesh. Also you can look at logs/warnings in cmd window for better understanding. Either way, such materials can be recreated only manually (if possible).

Yeah, when I press "M" all I get is

Code:
0: null, 612 tris
for example. I guess all I gotta do is to manually export all textures and test what goes on what or something.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: