March 28, 2024, 22:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Borderlands  (Read 20364 times)
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2009, 03:22 »

This is an official announcement that Gildor will be releasing support for Borderlands tomorrow. What is supported? Meshes and Textures are supported only for right now. There is mention that Gildor may support animation later on but that is not definite. Static mesh as you may or may not know is not supported for any UT3 game and that includes Borderlands, so no Static Mesh.

Feast your eyes on these awesome renders from the new Umodel:

Bandit Heavy

Bandit Lurker

Tannis

Brick

Crazy Earl

Lilith

Crimson Lance Command

Bloodwing

Cinematic Bus

Salt Racer

..:: ESR911 ::..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 23:44 by esr911 » Logged
chrrox
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:26 »

This is great news I can't wait to try out the new umodel with the improved renderer and Borderlandssupport. keep up the great work Gildor Smiley
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 03:41 »

Nice I see those files i sent worked out fine Cheesy

jcarl904
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 19:07 »

Always amazed! Smiley Thank you Gildor for expanding umodel's compatibility list. Cheesy
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 22:44 »

I have uploaded umodel with Borderlands support. Animations are not yet implemented - its support requires much more time that I have now. Possibly animations will be supported in a near feature.
urPackage
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 22:58 »

Excellent thank you Gildor
uomoartificiale
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 03:08 »

great job man!

I'll keep donating with the goal of having you extend the animation support. Access to Animation resource could make a HUGE difference for an indie developer. Mesmerizing gildor!  Wink
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 04:11 »

You have my thanks again. Donation was sent Tongue

ogelami
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 06:26 »

Awesome, i can't wait!
Another question about this game is that i found functions inside the engine file(engine.u).
Is it possible somehow to execute the functions in game since it was pretty common functions?
And is it possible to build something that can communicate with borderlands by that way, some kind of third party thingy.
Is this forum just for skinning, modeling and animating or also part of programming and such?
I'm thrilled!

Isn't amx/amxx made for such things?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:33 by ogelami » Logged
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 08:22 »

The update has already came out,

And no, this wasn't meant to be use to mod the game, just simply to extract the files or view them from the umodel program. No such thing to repack them back into the game for moding purpose. This is just programing purpose in the forum.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:24 by NexusElite » Logged

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 10:06 »

Another question about this game is that i found functions inside the engine file(engine.u).
Is it possible somehow to execute the functions in game since it was pretty common functions?
And is it possible to build something that can communicate with borderlands by that way, some kind of third party thingy.
No, it is not possible.
Is this forum just for skinning, modeling and animating or also part of programming and such?
This forum is about umodel, not about modeling and skinning. Modeling and skinning forums are on beyoununreal and epicgames.
Also, there is no programming discussions here Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 18:44 »

Updated umodel for Borderlands DLC (mission pack).
Grendor
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 22:20 »

I know this may be necroposting, but I wanted to thank you Gildor for adding this to the vast compatability list for this awesome program. I love all the capabilities and I love being able to see the things from the game. I personally am a complete failure at playing this game but I still enjoy it. Just a few things though.

1. The DLC content isn't fully supported in some cases. For one, Dr. Ned's mustache doesn't appear on the model for some reason. Is that an error or is the model actually like that? I wanted to extract it for hopeful manipulation into the Sims Games.

2. There are problems with viewing the 'materials'. For example in the main game's claptrap package, there are several different colors of materials defined within it, but when these are viewed they all appear the exact same. I know I've seen these other colors in-game, but I haven't been able to view the textures in the viewer properly.

2. Is there a way to apply different textures to models in the same packages?

3. Will there ever be animation support for this game?

I want to thank you again for your incredible work. I love this whole thing and hope you add even more to it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 22:29 by Grendor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 22:42 »

1. most probably you are simply have not found this mesh.
2. textures are supported 100%, material support is a bit "hacky" (umodel is using some heuristics to simplify complex Unreal materials); for example: if artist have encoded a few monochrome channels (specular power, opacity etc) into a single texture, umodel will not detect this and will show such material as a rainbow
2. you may apply different textures in 3ds Max, umodel has a different purpose
3. I have spent a lot of time trying to understand animation format used in this game without success; I don't want to waste more time for it
Grendor
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 23:00 »

Thanks for your quick reply! And thank you for clearing those things up for me.
Anyway, I had one more question.
Is there a way to view multiple meshes at one time in the same window? As in adding overtop the other mesh or combining them? An example of this would be the claptrap's outfits from the 4th DLC, or the MINAC's arms, body, and door, or do I have to put them all together in 3DS max?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: