April 19, 2024, 03:07
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter V  (Read 67129 times)
TerryXX

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2018, 17:37 »

I have done other tests, I tried to extract all the characters at once everything is smooth until this error:
FPakFile::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- UObject::Serialize <- LoadObject:MaterialInstanceConstant'CM_LAR_01_hair2_test.CM_LAR_01_hair2_test', pos=C32, ver=434/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.7 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:CM_LAR_01_hair2_test <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=725
Here too a material error, I would not want my game to be corrupted in some way, but I think that Steam always checks at every start, however I try to reinstall.
lee 27

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2018, 20:28 »

sorry, when I try to extract uasset files, I get this message:

FString<< <- SerializePackageFileSummary4 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:StreetFighterV/Content/Chara/Z27/IllustDemo/image/Z27_001_001.uasset, ver=482/0, game=ue4.10 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:StreetFighterV/Content/Chara/Z27/IllustDemo/image/Z27_001_001.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=672

Why?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2018, 20:44 »

I think this is because you're using UE4.10. I think another engine version was mentioned in this thread.
lee 27

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2018, 21:04 »

ok, unreal engine 4.7 thanks!
guimezanatta

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2018, 23:44 »

I don't know if this is normal or am I doing something wrong, if so, what could I possibly do to fix this deformation that only occurs at the joints with the arms and the elbows? Everything apart from this works just fine. Using latest Umodel running on Unreal Engine v4.7.

Thanks in advance.

* Help.JPG (97.84 KB, 925x933 - viewed 413 times.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:32 by guimezanatta » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2018, 10:07 »

Probably this place had more then 4 bones bound, and umodel reduced bone count to 4. Or may be game uses different type of skinning ("dual quaternions" etc). Or game itself has the bug.
guimezanatta

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2018, 10:41 »

Thanks but, there's nothing to do? I haven't found any content related to this issue, and it only happens on unclothed areas (particularly females) that's why I thought I was doing something wrong.
But anyways, thanks for the help Gildor!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2018, 10:47 »

You can send me required files and tell what exactly should be done for reproduction. Then I'll check if this is a fixable bug or something else.
guimezanatta

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2018, 12:00 »

Thank you for the attention!

https://mega.nz/#!Ze42ECKD!HyzQtIJzeY8P7OdZPw-_ZcfNvQROZpqo0ojy-2WpqGA

I made a simple package mirroring the same root used by the original game, the steps are the usual, open umodel, everything as default but Unreal Engine 4, with the 4.7 version.
After that, into flat view, select CNL/SkelMesh/08, I included two samples, so you can see that "part" of the elbow that only deforms when the arm isn't at a straight position, as it looks like the mesh is broken or something, so go with one of the CNL animations.

Again, really appreciate you taking your time.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2018, 13:08 »

I've checked the mesh. It seems that problematic vertices originally has 6 bone weights. My code (and most of other skeletal / skin systems) supports only up to 4 bone weight per vertex, so I'm stripping least significant ones and re-normalizing weight. I thin this is the reason why this mesh part looks a little bit bad - originally it has 1/32 of weight for one helper bone, and 1/32 for another helper bone, and these bone links are removed deforming mesh a little bit.
guimezanatta

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2018, 13:24 »

I understand, it's weird because that only happens with female characters, in another word, only on "thin" arms.
I know it's not a big deal but it's nice to have models looking right don't you think? Anyway, hit me up if (or if there is one) you came up with a solution as this is the one and only problem umodel has given me.

Thanks for the support man!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 13:26 by guimezanatta » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2018, 14:12 »

I've tried to do more intelligent redistribution of 6 bone weights between 4 bones. Probably there will be a little bit better appearance of model. Please try new UModel and check if it is better or not. Anyway, I think this is most I can do for the issue.
guimezanatta

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2018, 14:35 »

I've did try it and tested with different models as well, I was really looking forward for a temporary fix as this program is simply amazing but, I'm afraid to say the problem still persists, the thinner the arm, the more pronounced the deformation is.

But really, big thanks for the effort!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2018, 14:52 »

This model has 3 helper bones for elbow, I think that's just because of bugs with a mesh without these helpers. So it is expectable that unlinking from some of them will bring visual artifacts when playing animations. It is not 100% fixable without rewriting skeletal mesh code in UModel, to support visualization of more that 4 bones per vertex (with performance drop and higher memory consumption).

And even more, if I'll try to export this mesh into glTF format (new industrial standard which has recently added to UModel), it will save only 4 bone links, i.e. bugs will appear in external software anyway.
guimezanatta

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2018, 15:28 »

I wish I had your knowledge... but well, if it ain't broken, don't fix it!
I don't really understand how UE's SkelMesh works but I find intriguing that characters don't use their own skeleton, as in the package I sent you, if I took out that CMN file, the animation simply doesn't play.
And definitely rewriting the code would be a really hard work I presume.
I actually never went into this content viewer area until I've recently found out about Umodel and it's sad that this a issue quite hard to bypass.

Really really thank you for the support so far, I'll keep tuned for (maybe future fix) updates.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: