March 29, 2024, 03:03
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Problem extracting models from Bioshock Infinite  (Read 7671 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 21:44 »

if so, why?
Are you a programmer? If yes - I'll explain and perhaps you'll understand.
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 07:15 »

Yes I am, I programmed my own Android game and I am currently taking Computer Science (Associates Degree) at my college.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 13:35 »

Ok.

All errors in UModel generated as exceptions. This is done to generate nice call-stack message you can see in your older posts, so I can easier understand what's wrong without looking at program execution. C++ exception handling is disabled for UModel, I'm using Win32 SEH, so any object unwinding is skipped. When exception thrown, it is assumed that the call stack and error message will be displayed, and then application will exit.

An attempt to recover from any error will drastically increase complexity of UModel's code, so I prefer to fix errors whenever possible instead of adding "recover" code. In your case I have invalid data passed to LZO decompression routine. I can't handle such data without throwing an error. And of course if you're exporting all packages using UModel's UI, such error will break exporting process.

If you want to avoid breaking the entire export process because of some package, you may use my old BatchExport file. It uses UModel's command line to call UModel for every package separately. So exception in UModel will not break batch processing - you'll get an error message for one package, and then batch will continue with other files.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: