Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Getting an error when trying to execute my .bat  (Read 3077 times)
UniqueActive

View Profile
Getting an error when trying to execute my .bat
« on: December 06, 2015, 23:25 »

Hello there,
I am pretty new to all this and I have been experimenting a bit after following some guides on how to extract Textures and Models from ME3.
For doing so I created a .bat like the following: (In the picture: http://puu.sh/lLHLA/40d27efb29.png "Extract")

.\CookedPC\umodel.exe -export -all BioH_Garrus_00_Explore.pcc
pause

The ".\CookedPC\umodel.exe" leads to my umodel.exe: http://puu.sh/lLHMw/2008544411.png
When I execute the .bat, I get the following error:

******** Loading object Texture2D'BioH_Garrus_00_Explore.TUR_HED_PROGarrus_Norm' ********

ERROR: Struct "UTexture2D": float UnpackMin[4]: invalid index 4
ReadProperty:(UTexture2D.UnpackMin, TagPos=4A058B) <- CTypeInfo::SerializeProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'BioH_Garrus_00_Explore.TUR_HED_PROGarrus_Norm', pos=4A05A3, ver=684/194, game=8004 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:BioH_Garrus_00_Explore <- Main:umodel_version=413

And yes, I have been experimenting a lot with adding a path and several other options to make it work (I may have used them incorrectly though) and I always get that exact same error. Just so you are able to respond more accurately: I have placed a copy of the "BioH_Garrus_00_Explore.pcc" in the same folder as the umodel.exe and the rest of the game files are in "\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole", in case that helps you help me ;)
I would be thankful for any help! :)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Getting an error when trying to execute my .bat
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 23:36 »

Hi,

Sorry, no idea what causes this error. May be you have modified file, i.e. not from original game, but patched by someone? (incorrectly patched). I believe that if this game had compatibility issues in the past, I'd have been reported by people a few years ago about that.

And - did you try to use UModel's UI? Why .bat? This doesn't affect functionality, but could be easier for most people.
UniqueActive

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 23:41 »

I am sorry, I should have mentioned that it was part of a ton of modded 4k textures, I just used it without the .bat and used the original file with low res textures and it worked perfectly fine, should have done that before polluting the forums :/
Still irritated why it doesn't like my beautiful crispy 4k textures Wink
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 23:43 »

Is that your mod? And it works well without TFC files, but fails with it?
The problem appeared here is not TFC relative at all. Texture metadata damaged.
UniqueActive

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 00:32 »

That's weird because I have done it the "long way" manually extracting the meshes and textures with ME3Explorer, converting them and importing them into 3DS Max and it worked totally fine with 4k textures fully working. It's a hell of a lot more effort locating all the textures instead of just extracting the package but it works with the 4k textures...  Huh?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 00:40 »

Do you have experience in replacing textures for this game with larger ones? I'm unsure if it is possible at all without full reassembling of data. You are going to replace texture with more mipmap levels, so texture meta-data will be modified a lot.

Also I'm unsure about texture size limitations in UE3 (but I think I saw Gears of War 3 meshes with 4k x 4k textures).
UniqueActive

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 00:59 »

Well, Mass Effect 3 still works perfectly fine and without any noticable performance impact with lots and lots of 4k and 2k textures. I basically replaced tons of textures through ME3 Explorer because I don't like having 15 minutes of loading time with TexMod. I am not very experienced in terms of what's actually happening and how everything works, I am just trying to investigate that right now^^
So 4k seems to work fine, I don't think that UE3 can go higher.
Jump to: