Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: PARAGON  (Read 50646 times)
DevDorian
Sponsor

View Profile
Re: PARAGON
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2017, 06:32 »

First off thank you Gildor for the hard work. Seriously. We wouldn't be able to do s--- without your work here with Paragon. I'll skip you a donation soon Smiley .

I've been lurking here for a couple months now and have finally been able to extract Countess (Codename: Vamp) using 4.15 today. I can see her in the viewer as well. This is using the latest umodel version with the latest Paragon files.

I saved the extracted skeletal mesh psk but Blender crashes when trying to import the psk (tried only the mesh and bones and then just the mesh after the first crash. Same results). Does anyone know a way to fix this? Using Blender 2.76b (with the plugin enabled for export/import PSK). I'll furnish more detail when asked.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2017, 09:38 »

Please check this thread regarding Blender plugins - http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,487.0.html
May be it will be useful.
DoctorJew

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2017, 22:13 »

New Paragon update released today, getting this issue on export now of mesh:

SerializeObjectExport4 <- UnPackage::LoadExportTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:/OrionGame/Content/Characters/Heroes/Sparrow/Skins/SparrowSkin_Default.uasset, ver=512/0, game=10011 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:/OrionGame/Content/Characters/Heroes/Sparrow/Skins/SparrowSkin_Default.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=553
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2017, 23:22 »

Everything works very well. For some strange reason you've put "UE4.16" into "Game" field, however this game used 4.15 for quite a long time.
freezingwreck
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2017, 03:01 »

Thank you so much for the work you do Gildor. i donated 20 dollars to you in support. i would like better video tutorials in the future for Paragon in particular.

Im having trouble with the textures like the other people on this thread. You mentioned the Layers thing but I still dont get it.

I saw your "UModel: working with UE4 assets (with subtitles)" video. But it doesnt show how to get the textures to look right. Please make a tutorial so that I can have the models look like how they look like in the game.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2017, 09:35 »

Sorry, I never tried to load PARAGON models into UE4. And I don't know how to use textures exactly. However, layer masks are quite clear for use. Just look at model in action and see which material is used for red/green/blue channels (like, "leather", "chrome", "gold", "skin").

If you don't know what are "layered materials" in Unreal, google for "ue4 layered materials", it is very simple for understanding tech.

Thank you for donation. However I'm not "working for community money", so if your donation was supposed to pay for new tutorial - you're not right, and I'll return it.
freezingwreck
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2017, 01:03 »

I will look up  Layered Materials for Unreal but I dont think Im going to be able to figure it out without a tutorial.

You dont have to accept my money if you dont want to. I dont know what motivates you but if you're doing all this work for the community Im not the only one trying to figure this out. I think everyone in this thread would appreciate a video tutorial on this subject.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2017, 09:19 »

Yes, I'm doing this for community. And, according to you, now I'm responsible to help everyone with everything? Smiley
I didn't load PARAGON meshes to UE4, and didn't try to recreate materials. So, trying to "create a tutorial" would force me to spend unreasonable amount of time trying to do that work by myself, and then record a tutorial.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2017, 09:28 »

I found a good tutorial about layered materials - how to set up it, how it works, what happens when blending colors are changing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ivZCiaepw

Also, useful information here:
Layered Materials
Creating Layered Materials (Tutorial)

I hope this information will be enough to understand main principles and start making own materials. But of course you shouldn't be "absolute noob" in UE4, otherwise you'll need to start from much more simple things.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:14 by Gildor » Logged
Teybeo

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2017, 19:08 »

Hello Gildor,

I've been using your awesome tool for quite a while now to peak inside Paragon content.

I managed to convert the .psk to .obj and then import the models into Blender and tried recreating the materials but it's really hard to guess how they are using the layers and masks (except the albedo, AO, normal). I'm understanding you can't really improve it but it's not surprising given how complex the materials can be in ue4.

Recently, I stumbled upon this texture which is not showing anything, whereas in-game they applied a heavy blur on it to kinda hide it (because it's a coming soon dailyquest), but you can still tell there is a placeholder image. Any idea what's going on ?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 19:11 by Teybeo » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2017, 19:33 »

UModel shows textures from MaterialInstance, parent MaterialInstance, Material itself, etc. It doesn't recognize if child material overrides texture parameter or not, just dumps everything. "Placeholder" sounds like this is a default parameter's texture, and most likely it is overridden in child material. Just ignore it.

To understand texture usage, sometimes you can use "Dump" command ("D" key) when viewing material in viewer.
suken

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2017, 21:12 »

yesterday i tried  to extract the latest client and got this error
I used 19 july umodel  with 4.15 override

here is what the package looked like when i loaded the PAKS folder in umodel

is it encrypted? the size is very small
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2017, 21:22 »

PARAGON used 4.16 for quite a long time.
suken

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2017, 00:20 »

Thanks, i managed to view the models now
bovoof

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2017, 16:04 »

Hey there!

Loving your tool. I've looked at the compatibility page and it said Paragon was able to load animations but I can't seem to get them to work. I've looked around and realised you ran into issues with garbage data and game compatibility; does this mean that currently animations can't be loaded? Otherwise I think I need some help to get them to work so if anyone has any insights that'd be great. =p
Jump to: