March 29, 2024, 02:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: AVA - Alliance Of Valiant Arms (sometimes texture size is half of original)  (Read 2108 times)
JohnnyWolinger

Scavenge, Slay, Survive

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2016, 04:28 »

Hi, My name is Johnny Wolinger and i downloaded Umodel Viewer to extract some 3Dfiles and textures of weapons in AVA, but im having a issue in many textures.

1) When i open .upk in Umodel Viewer and select one texture, original size is "512x64" and i see text color in red "Stripped to 256x32".

2) In CMD i get errors with:

2.1) "WARNING: BoolProperty "UTexture2D::bSkipNormalVersionSupport" was not found

and

2.2) "WARNING: BoolProperty "UTexture2D::bHighPrecisionNormalmap" was not found.

3) This is a printscreen of problem http://imgur.com/a/1Jcnq, and i readed in another post, i don't remember when i read this, but, i see one guy writed "Sometimes, developers made changes in compression of archives and its hard to follow this settings and update Umodel to work correctly of package". If have solution or update for this or another way to extract texture with original size, i will be great.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:38 by JohnnyWolinger » Logged

Johnny Wolinger - TheAeonFlux
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 20:07 »

Hi.
Sometimes textures are stripped down by cooking process. So, original texture has size 512x64, but during cooking it was "stripped down", cutting resolution twice. UE3 has settings for each texture, which allows to specify how much texture size reduced for PC, XBox360 and PS3 separately.
JohnnyWolinger

Scavenge, Slay, Survive

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 20:20 »

So the problem is not in UModel Smiley you have any solution for this? There is the possibility of opening a file with the extension Texture2D and extract the image .tga file with the original resolution? Or i can import Texture2D into UDK to extract image?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 20:22 by JohnnyWolinger » Logged

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 21:19 »

No, this is not UModel. Actually this is not a problem either. Perhaps the problem is that I'm showing original image resolution to user - some people thinks that this is a bug Smiley
JohnnyWolinger

Scavenge, Slay, Survive

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 21:25 »

Im think its a bug of AVA package, im opened SMITE package and not see Striped Size message in any archives. AVA was maded in engine 451.53 its old i think haha, thanks Gildor.

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: