March 28, 2024, 17:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Lawbreakers  (Read 10406 times)
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2016, 11:26 »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/350280/

Just reporting... It is on Alpha currently. UE4.11.
Right now I can scan, extract static meshes and textures.
I think Skeleton meshes are not supported.

Code:
Package "ShooterGame/Content/Characters/Valkyrie/Maverick/Maverick_Basic_01/Models/small_valkyrie_vanguard_a_01_fp.uasset": wrong name index -1540358144
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=00003D4A <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeProps <- UObject::Serialize <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'small_valkyrie_vanguard_a_01_fp.small_valkyrie_vanguard_a_01_fp', pos=3D4A, ver=498/0 (unversioned), game=1000C <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:small_valkyrie_vanguard_a_01_fp <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=457

But yeah, still alpha. Tongue
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 13:31 »

Hi.

I already had some report about this game. I played with files, and found that it uses mid-air engine version, like older PARAGON - between 4.11 and 4.12. Currently UModel has support for this version - you should add "-pkgver=502" to command line, and everything would work.

More reading:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,2583.msg20727.html#msg20727
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,2902.msg20862.html#msg20862 (it's about PARAGON, but similar situation)

Please note: I mentioned in these threads that -pkgver option will be removed later, and after update of UModel for full 4.12 support these hacks will stop working. May be I'll add some different options to command line, but I definitely don't want to spend any time checking "early access" or "alpha" games.
OriginOfWaves

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 02:05 »

hey I checked out Lawbreakers after the latest update and they seem to have changed a lot. I can only successfully scan the contents if I set the override to ver. 4.14. but I do get a lot of "WARNING fixing name" messages in the console. but I can open and extract textures with no problems. however I can't get the models to work, neither skeletal or static meshes. I get this error.
Code:
******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'medium_tasc_enforcer_a_01_fp.medium_tasc_enforcer_a_01_fp' ********

ERROR: Package "/ShooterGame/Content/Characters/Tasc/Breacher/Breacher_Basic_01/Models/medium_tasc_enforcer_a_01_fp.uasset": wrong export index 2
UnPackage::CreateExport:/ShooterGame/Content/Characters/Tasc/Breacher/Breacher_Basic_01/Models/medium_tasc_enforcer_a_01_fp.uasset:2 <- UnPackage::SerializeUObject <- TArray::Serialize:3/4 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'medium_tasc_enforcer_a_01_fp.medium_tasc_enforcer_a_01_fp', pos=1F26, ver=508/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.14 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=576

I tried using different engine versions but couldn't get them to work. textures only work with ver 4.14

if you have the time could you look into this Gildor. thanks. let me now if you need me to upload any game files.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:39 »

I think this game uses some intermediate UE4 version, again. Just wait for new game update, and pray that it will work Smiley
You can usually check UE4 version in Engine/Build/Build.version. But for games like PARAGON and probably this one, this version won't be correct because of "mid-air engine version". For example, in current PARAGON state, build.version has 4.16, but UModel works only when 4.15 specified.
OriginOfWaves

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 14:37 »

checked the engine build and it looks like they are using a version between 4.13 and 4.14. nothing to do but wait. thanks for the reply anyways.
DoctorJew

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 09:22 »

So looking in the Build.version file:

Code:
{
"MajorVersion": 4,
"MinorVersion": 13,
"PatchVersion": 2,
"Changelist": 0,
"IsLicenseeVersion": 0,
"BranchName": ""
}

This game is indeed on v4.13 of Unreal. I wanted to extract some sounds from the game but when I hit export I get this and nothing exports:
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 09:30 »

If this is "alpha" game, version information may not match. And engine may use some intermediate build.
DoctorJew

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 09:34 »

If this is "alpha" game, version information may not match. And engine may use some intermediate build.

Any advice on to get audio extraction to work?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 09:57 »

Just checked the thread above, and I see that I already answered to all questions there.
Regarding advice - perhaps wait for the future game update, when perhaps developers will switch to some stable engine version. Otherwise custom UModel build will be required to load content from intermediate engine version.
OriginOfWaves

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 16:17 »

Just checked the thread above, and I see that I already answered to all questions there.
Regarding advice - perhaps wait for the future game update, when perhaps developers will switch to some stable engine version. Otherwise custom UModel build will be required to load content from intermediate engine version.

did a bit more digging into the game files and noticed that when i tried to save some packages through UModel that texture assets would save as three separate files (.uasset, .uexp and .ubulk) and model assets would save as two separate files (.uasset and .uexp). Is this normal behavior? why are they single packages in umodel but are saved as separate packages? is there a way to merge them back into a single .uasset file?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 21:24 »

Are you sure that a single uasset has BOTH uexp and ubulk files? UModel should save all of them, however I think that only one of these extensions is really used.
OriginOfWaves

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 22:18 »

Yeah it was a character texture asset. I can upload the files if you're interested.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 22:23 »

I have the game installed. You may just tell me which uasset you're trying to save.
OriginOfWaves

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 22:27 »

Sure. ARC_Recon_Body_T1_V01_B.uasset
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 22:33 by OriginOfWaves » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 22:31 »

Sorry, my mistake. I don't have the game (I accidentally considered misread this as "Paragon", having a lot of fuss with work now). I need the asset saved from this game.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: