Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Models are way too shiny in the model viewer  (Read 1624 times)
nazra7

View Profile
Models are way too shiny in the model viewer
« on: August 10, 2016, 19:03 »

Hello guys, I wanted to export some armor models from Tera Online into Skyrim, armors that have not been modded into Skyrim yet. So I'm beginning to learn how to use the Unreal Model Viewer. Already have some experience with 3Ds Max and the Skyrim Creation Kit, so I'm sure if I find a decent tutorial I should be able to do this. Anyway, I'm loading up the armor models in the viewer, virtually all of them of them look extremely shiny, I can barely even see the textures on the models. This is frustrating because I want to see what these models look like before I choose to extract them. Screenshot down below. I've been searching everywhere and it seems no one has had this issue or asked this question, so I figured I should make a post because this is really frustrating. If anyone knows how I can fix this please let me know, and thanks a bunch in advance!

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Models are way too shiny in the model viewer
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 19:53 »

Hi,
I think UModel incorrectly considered some texture as reflection mask, and applied reflection on top of whole mesh. It is not possible to disable it in UModel, however you may switch to simpler renderer, which has no reflections (but other features like normal maps too). Use Ctrl+G key in viewer for that.
nazra7

View Profile
Re: Models are way too shiny in the model viewer
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 22:33 »

Thanks very much  Smiley
Jump to: