April 16, 2024, 22:01
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Gal*Gun Double Peace (PC, VITA)  (Read 3400 times)
cesm1980

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2017, 02:34 »

This is a japanese game released in 2016 that seems to have great animations that are quite rare to find since it's extremelly rare being possible to rip animations from games like this, i only hope you don't think this one have "bad quality"  Grin

I know that you Gildor don't have much time so try atleast seeing if from these errors you're able to have a idea if this is something too complex to solve or maybe it's something simple to fix and if it's worth sending any files? The most important part to me is the animations in the PC version, perhaps it's something simple i am overlooking since i don't have much experience using Umodel yet.

Here's a few links :

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iXVMnJIC2g
Wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gal*Gun:_Double_Peace

Engine : Unreal engine 3
Package version report PC and VITA :
871 (367)    0 (  0)   484   

I tested both PC and Vita versions, here's the results on PC platform (Animation disabled) :
Skeletal mesh : No problems in model and skeleton, but materials are unsupported
Static mesh : No problems, materials are unsuported too
Textures : No problems, seems ok
Animation : Not supported! Gives these errors : (two different packages)

Code:
Loading AnimSet minikurona from package GG2Game.u
Loading AnimSequence AnimSequence_299 from package GG2Game.u
******** Loading object AnimSequence'GG2Game.AnimSequence_299' ********
*** ERROR: RawArray item size mismatch: expected 12, serialized 20

SerializeBulkArray <- FRawAnimSequenceTrack<< <- TArray::Serialize:1/11 <- UAnimSequence::Serialize <- LoadObject:AnimSequence'GG2Game.AnimSequence_299', pos=E2F667, ver=871/0, game=8000 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=535

Code:
Loading AnimSet ao_facial_common from package Startup.upk
Loading AnimSequence AnimSequence_42 from package Startup.upk
******** Loading object AnimSequence'Startup.AnimSequence_42' ********
*** ERROR: RawArray item size mismatch: expected 12, serialized 20

SerializeBulkArray <- FRawAnimSequenceTrack<< <- TArray::Serialize:1/30 <- UAnimSequence::Serialize <- LoadObject:AnimSequence'Startup.AnimSequence_42', pos=325E6A, ver=871/0, game=8000 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=535

Just in case someone is interested in the Vita version (No need to disable animation) :
Skeletal mesh : No problems in model and skeleton, but materials and textures are unsupported
Static mesh : No problems, but materials and textures are unsupported
Textures : Not supported (Garbled textures or acess violation errors)
Animation : Not supported, doesn't crash umodel but have the following warnings in the log :

Code:
*** AnimSequence Gim_LockerDoor_Anim/locker_b_Close has wrong CompressedTrackOffsets size (has 3, expected 2), removing track

I am not asking for support in VITA, PC is the priority, i just included info on it so that perhaps it helps you understand the problem on the PC version too.

Since this is my first post here i would like a few suggestions, i tought about including screenshots but the models aren't even textured, not sure if it's worth since the animations is the priority to me.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:07 »

Added game to the table. However I don't feel it is worth spending any time on its animation - I'd never look at this game by myself.
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 15:09 »

That's okay i understand, oh well, at least the models and textures are extractable on PC so yeah it's a good idea to still add it to the table nevertheless.
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:08 »

Good news if anyone else is interested in animations from this game, i was able by myself to find a way to have animation playing correctly!!! Animation IS supported now almost completly, but it took a TON of trial and error by trying ALL possible unreal engine 3 game overrides, and trying both the PC and VITA versions.

The right combination is using the VITA version with the "The Last remnant" game override. "Xmen wolverine" also kinda worked but there's a lot of warnings and probably more glitchy so it's not worth using that one.

Note that none of the game overrides had ANY effect on fixing the error that animations cause on the PC version, just the VITA platform, i have no idea why, probably because VITA uses XXX packages and pc version U packages? No idea.

Also textures still aren't supported on this VITA version, but in my case it's fine since i have both PC and VITA versions, another issue is that this game override apparently only works on some packages, altough the major/bigger packages, for example startup.xxx and democomlevel.xxx are all supported now, i found a LOT of body characters animations there, most of them playing without ANY glitches at all.

The packages of the maps that feature objets animations still give the following error, which was the same kind of problem that was happening on the VITA version of these packages WITHOUT using the game override:

*** AnimSequence Gim_LockerDoor_Anim/locker_b_Close has wrong CompressedTrackOffsets size (has 3, expected 2), removing track

Regarding the now supported animations, there's also another curious thing, despite they playing correctly now, in these packages that animations now work, a very few animsets give the following warnings :

*** AnimSet:zk_motion_common Seq:zk4600_fx_conletlocker [42] hole (32) before TransTrack (KeyFormat=1/0)
*** AnimSet:zk_motion_common Seq:zk4601_lp_conletlocker [42] hole (4) before TransTrack (KeyFormat=1/0)
*** AnimSet:zk_motion_common Seq:zk4602_fx_conletlocker [42] hole (12) before TransTrack (KeyFormat=1/0)

Fortunaly it only happens in 3 animsets on the startup.xxx package, 95% of the animations don't have that error on that one, but other packages have more, so i guess animation isn't still 100% supported but it appears to be close.

Ok Gildor, i am not asking you to try to fix this, for now i am satisfied since apparently nearly all characters animations are now working, since apparently it's only the objets animations that don't work now (not too sure yet), just in case someone else wants animations too.

When you can update the table since now animations are almost completely supported, even though it's just on the VITA platform, which doesn't support textures, but for those who like this game, it's good to know.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: