March 29, 2024, 01:45
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Conan Exiles  (Read 14299 times)
fil1969
« on: February 04, 2017, 14:13 »

Hi!
The game is supported
UE4 - 4.12

* SK_dragon.jpg (55.22 KB, 800x600 - viewed 1151 times.)

* SK_giant_king.jpg (39.9 KB, 800x600 - viewed 1546 times.)
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 13:58 »

Textures are no longer supported in the usual mannerism. Instead of the diffuse, normal, and specular mapping being exported a generic "*_M" file is exported where * is the base meshes' name.

Here are some examples:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ow9ifri9o379h9s not needed

Edit: I'm a huge idiot. I did some googling AFTER posting this question and according to the user "wghost81" on nexusmods the textures use LZO compression. Simply manually check "LZO" compression when opening the game files.

Here's what wghost81 wrote up:
"...tfc files are basically concatenated raw compressed texture data. Each texture is compressed and all the textures are concatenated in one big tfc file.

Texture2D objects extract textures from tfc files by file name, file offset and data size. Small textures are packed directly into Texture2D objects (within upk files) and large textures are packed into tfc file.

To replace one texture inside tfc file you'll need to pack your texture with LZO packer (that's what XCOMLZO was originally written for). But there is no guarantee you texture will be the same size as an old one. In fact, you can be sure it will be different. If it has smaller size, you can rewrite old data with a new one, leaving some garbage, and update all the references to that texture with a new size. And there are a dozens of such references for one texture, especially for pawns. If a new texture is bigger... well, you out of luck, as you can't shift other textures inside tfc, because in this case you'll need to update every reference in every Texture2D object. You can append a new texture to the end of an old tfc file or, better, create a new tfc file, containing new textures only, and update relevant Texture2D objects with new filename, offset and size..."

And in this case, the massive .tga being exported is using a packer which combines all of that wonderful texture data into one huge output file.. and by manually enabling LZO we can export each normal map.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 14:06 by Chrono » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 18:29 »

Are you sure you posted your message in correct thread? Conan Exiles is UE4 game, but you're talking about TFC file and LZO compression, which aren't in UE4.
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 20:25 »

Are you sure you posted your message in correct thread? Conan Exiles is UE4 game, but you're talking about TFC file and LZO compression, which aren't in UE4.

Yes, I am sure. Try the game for yourself. If you don't enable LZO in umodel to export you get one cluster *_m file instead of the diffuse, normal, and spec maps exported separately. And yes, I know it uses UE4 - I've played it since release and followed it since before that. It's one of my favorites.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 21:26 »

This is very strange.
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 15:30 »

This is very strange.

Yup, there's no diffuse, normal, or spec map showing for some models only a clustered _m texture containing all that information now combined. Even the previews in umodel are different now, here's some photos showing that funcom's logo now displays over the correct textures.

Edit: The upload folder is full and won't let me attach at 50Kb file..?

Conan Exiles recently released a new game patch on April 10 with the dreg dungeon and since then I think they've modified their files.

Here's some photos of my settings and what textures will display:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 15:39 by Chrono » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 15:46 »

Fixed. I've removed all attachments which are older than 1 year.
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 16:41 »

Fixed. I've removed all attachments which are older than 1 year.

I uploaded everything to imgur in the mean time to show you what I'm referencing. Before the textures were split into 3 files - the diffuse for color then normal for depth and spec for shine of course. Now it's all consolidated into a single _m file which is strange. Some of the NPC files still contain the _d,_n,_s (diffuse,normal,spec) textures while others contain a single combined _m file, which was referenced on another from as being an lzo package?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 16:47 »

There's no "lzo packages" here. Perhaps _m textures are masks for layered materials.
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 16:54 »

There's no "lzo packages" here. Perhaps _m textures are masks for layered materials.

Don't know. I haven't seen it before and I've never seen that _m format used. They're referring their own funcom logo with each texture in the preview now so I think they've added some protection to their files. I'd probably say leave it if they're going to start doing security measures to stop folks, but if you want I can upload the assets for ya to look at.
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 00:08 »

Conan Exiles was just updated today. Textures no longer show up in the umodel interface like they aren't found at all.

When scanning for the version, this shows:

Here's the view showing textures no longer appearing:

The game also now seems to be using version 4.15 instead of 4.12.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 19:26 by Chrono » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 19:11 »

Images does not work.
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 19:27 »

Images does not work.

Fixed that. Images should show now.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 19:31 »

Try opening something from "materials" folder. If there will be Material or MaterialInstanceConstant, UModel will load them. And look at log - if material has reference to texture, you'll see something about it, even if texture stored in some new format.

Also, to find assets of particular type I'm usually switching to "flat" mode, doing scan for assets, and sorting assets by type - in your case, for textures. After that you'll be able to see if this game has textures at all.
Chrono

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 19:36 »

Try opening something from "materials" folder. If there will be Material or MaterialInstanceConstant, UModel will load them. And look at log - if material has reference to texture, you'll see something about it, even if texture stored in some new format.

Also, to find assets of particular type I'm usually switching to "flat" mode, doing scan for assets, and sorting assets by type - in your case, for textures. After that you'll be able to see if this game has textures at all.

This is the materials listed:

All of the materials reference this placeholder image:

And in flat view, only a few characters models actually have textures listed:

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: