March 29, 2024, 04:52
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: View collision meshes? (specifically Borderlands 2)  (Read 1653 times)
StackHeap

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2017, 06:27 »

I'm trying to work out a way to view map collision (the overall, static collision mesh for an in-game map), and trying to understand if Umodel can be used for this purpose.

In the game's UPK files, there are lots of object meshes, character model meshes, textures, etc... There are even a few "collision models" like a box and a cylinder. But I can't find the big terrain-like collision meshes I'm expecting.

Are collision meshes located in the UPK files in UE3 games like this? Is it possible to use Umodel to view them?

I'm a programmer myself and technical enough to understand these things, I'm just not familiar with the file structures of games like this... Any guidance is appreciated.

(Side note: it would be really great if I could view the full map with objects placed, but I assume layout data like that is in some other format, maybe a proprietary format, and not in the UPK files?)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:28 »

There's no collision meshes for levels. Level consists of terrain, BSP and static meshes. First two has procedural collision, static meshes has their own collision models.
StackHeap

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 04:55 »

I see, thanks!

What I'm after is a way to view terrain with the indication of whether collision is enabled for it or not... Is umodel capable of viewing terrain, or just objects/resources?

I'm still not sure I'm looking in the right place, either -- I know that certain data might be cooked into binaries someplace instead of in easy to handle files like UPKs. Is terrain even in the UPKs?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:00 by StackHeap » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 10:08 »

Is umodel capable of viewing terrain
No.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: