March 29, 2024, 03:08
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Skeledit Export  (Read 1229 times)
TerryMcGinnis

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:25 »

Gildor,

I recently started using umodel to export Batman Arkham Origins files.  I have had success playing the animations within the viewer.  However, it can only export the mesh, and not the deformed mesh created after the animation has been played and paused.  I have tried using Milkshape, but the .psa file seems to cause the mesh to collapse in on itself when it is animated (the joints are moving/rotating, but all seem to originate from the centre of the model).  I have had success with Skeledit after I set the psa file to only rotate, and not translate.  Would it be possible for you to add a feature to Skeledit to export the deformed mesh as a file that can be read by milkshape (or preferably as an obj or stl file since the end goal is to 3D print these models)?  Thank you in advance to you or anyone else that can help me with this.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:56 »

I wouldn't recommend using Milkshape because it has bugs with psk and psa import. Even more, it doesn't support animation without translation keys - these keys are required for "vanilla" psa format, but they are often missing in UE3 games. To fix this situation, I've extended psa with ".config" file which is exported next to psa file. This .config is supported by my ActorX importer for 3ds Max - this is only the way to import such animations correctly.

So, I think you must use 3ds Max, with importer script. Also, I believe it shouldn't be a problem to save posed mesh into a file (however I don't know how to do that Smiley)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: