March 28, 2024, 13:56
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds  (Read 30413 times)
imarceldoe

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2017, 06:58 »

Game: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds / PUBG (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.16
AES key: in the same place as usual (link)

For recent game versions use specific umodel build from this topic with game specific override. Note that character meshes are not supported for recent game versions, except for base bodies, and you need to use either old game versions or experimental server from steam (which is also old version) if you want to extract those parts.

Starting from 2023 the game is also using obfuscation and only particular versions are fully supported in specific build - for more info read this post. Though you can still open some assets from any recent game version anyway - most textures should be loadable as well as some meshes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 00:52 by spiritovod » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:12 »

I think you simply don't know how to use UModel. I see no problems in your message, absolutely no problems.
simkas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 15:12 »

Is it fully supported? I just get an error saying encrypted pak files aren't supported.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 16:16 »

Check logs on umodel startup. It will show you statistics - how many files are encrypted and how many not.
camjac251

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 22:56 »

I have had some trouble with a few of the packages inside of Battlegrounds and was wondering if it was a limitation of umodel or a bug with the game maybe. The build of the game shows 4.14.3

I tried exporting the largest file and this error came back
Code:
TArray: index 57 is out of range (57)
SerializeCompressed <- FPakFile::Serialize <- FByteBulkData::SerializeDataChunk <- FByteBulkData::SerializeData <- UTexture2D::LoadBulkTexture:File=/TslGame/Content/Maps/HouseTestMap/Heightmap_x0_y0.umap <- UTexture2D::GetTextureData:Texture2D_12 <- ExportTexture <- ExportObject:Texture2D'Texture2D_12' <- ExportObjects <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=587

A few other errors I got were for
/TslGame/Content/Maps/HouseTestMap/Heightmap_x0_y0.umap
/TslGame/Content/Maps/Erangel/Art/Grid/Grid-Level_0-1.umap
/TslGame/Content/Maps/Erangel/Art/BRO_Landscape_Material.uasse

and also another error for jquery
Code:
Wrong tag in package: 6576227B
FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:/TslGame/Content/uiresources/Scripts/jquery-2.2.0.min.map, ver=100000/0, game=0 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:/TslGame/Content/uiresources/Scripts/jquery-2.2.0.min.map <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=587

I couldn't find an existing thread about battlegrounds so I made this new one, hope it's alright.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 09:14 »

Do you have only these several errors for the whole game?
Regarding "jquery.map" - this is a javascript file, just with the same extension. You shouldn't try to open it, or at least ignore UModel's crashes with it.
exematt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 18:14 »

Hey I'm trying to read the text information found within PlayerUnknown's Battleground files. Mainly looking at Filenamehere.uasset which seems to be the file which contains the information I'm not too sure how to go about it, I've been searching high & low for an answer but I've not managed to do so albeit I've probably overlooked it somewhere, any guidance please? Cheesy I know the games source was done in UE4 4.15 but opening files with that version still declares a newer version of UE4 was used so it's also not helping me in this situation.The file in question is mainly in text with the rest in binary but I'm not sure how to go about reversing the binary into a readable format any help would be great

Edit: I've tried converting the Hexadecimal to Decimal but no idea if that's the right approach
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 17:32 »

After some discussion in Russian thread (http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,3270.0.html) I can say that the game is supported. You should specify UE4.14 for being able to open files.
exematt

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 00:48 »

Aye I know that the files can mostly be opened via 4.14 but the main thing I'm wanting to do is to read the game files for information on different weapons etc, makes what I'm doing a metric ton easier. Can't open those files via 4.14 at the moment
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 05:28 »

After some discussion in Russian thread (http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,3270.0.html) I can say that the game is supported. You should specify UE4.14 for being able to open files.

Hi Gildor, recently came across this awesome program not too long ago while playing with UE4 and PUBG, thanks for making it...

Just wondering about the exporting feature, I've open the Warehouse asset from PUBG into umodel and it says it has 14 UV materials, however when I export it into the pskx and import into blender there is only 7 UV maps, is this a limit on umodel or pskx file format and is there anyway to get all the UV maps exported, will attach some pics on next post to show you want I mean.

Again thanks for umodel, it's awesome.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 07:13 »

Hi
Unreal supports up to 4 UVs, and unlimited number of materials. What did you mean when mix these words? ("UV materials")
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 08:43 »

Hi
Unreal supports up to 4 UVs, and unlimited number of materials. What did you mean when mix these words? ("UV materials")

Oh ok I'll take some pic soon when get home, new to all this so could just be the user lol.

Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 09:53 »

OK here is the pic, basically the issue I am having is that Blender cant see the Roof UV Map since there is only 7 of them, but UModel can see it.

http://imgur.com/ADMHSd0
http://imgur.com/Clyc44b

Hope that is a better understanding of the issue I am having.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 10:38 »

You didn't understand the issue well, so I can only suppose. You see 14 materials, and when pressing Ctrl+U, you see UV unwraps in UModel. And when looking at UV unwraps in Blender, you see something different. Right?

I see that UVs here are far outside of 0..1 range. UModel shows them as much as it fits the screen, but probably Blender truncates UVs on 0..1 range and simply drops what's outside. You should check if you have 14 materials in Blender or not in a different way. For example, bu attaching unique materials to all 14 slots, and comparing mapping with UModel.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 12:53 »

Yeah I cant find and select the Roof UV to put a texture on in Blender since there is only 7 UV Maps and none of the Roof Faces are in there, they appear to be there still since the little UV Dot in the bottom left hand corner of Blender UV grid is still selected, however the 13 Materials that show in UModel are there but not sure how to assign them since there isn't any UV Maps to put them on (Mainly atm for the Roof texture map).

So basically not sure how to assign the roof texture since I cant select it in UV Maps.

(Sorry for my novice skill level, totally new to this).

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: