March 28, 2024, 17:49
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds  (Read 30414 times)
brainblip3

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2018, 11:26 »

I extracted latest PUBG uassets using quickbms. I know the correct UE4 version should be 4.16 according to PUBG itself. But when I try to view some assets I get this error:

Package "Weapon/Rifles/HK416/Textures/HK416_01_n.uasset": wrong name index 6177
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=000003B5 <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'HK416_01_n.HK416_01_n', pos=3B5, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.16 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=710

I also notice there are people in the past who have successfully rendered these models see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdsDoC0-pM
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2018, 12:49 »

I extracted latest PUBG uassets using quickbms. I know the correct UE4 version should be 4.16 according to PUBG itself. But when I try to view some assets I get this error:

UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=000003B5 <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'HK416_01_n.HK416_01_n', pos=3B5, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.16 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=710

I also notice there are people in the past who have successfully rendered these models see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdsDoC0-pM
You don't need to use quickbms, uModel can open and view the Texture (and export it) without issues. uses 4.16 and AES key provided in the thread...

Blender + Linux User Here.
brainblip3

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2018, 20:55 »

You don't need to use quickbms, uModel can open and view the Texture (and export it) without issues. uses 4.16 and AES key provided in the thread...

I would like to edit some of the Blueprint files as well. Can I export the Blueprint file from uModel and edit it in UE4?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2018, 21:05 »

No. You can't edit or even view exported blueprints. This is not UModel's restriction - if you're going to work with UE4, you should know what's "cooking" and what's the difference between editor assets and cooked assets.
brainblip3

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2018, 21:55 »

Apologies, I am new to UE4 modding. If I can't edit or view the cooked blueprints, then how come I see lots of pak file mods floating around where key blueprint attributes involving things like recoil have been altered successfully?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2018, 21:58 »

I think these blueprints were edited with something else, not with UnrealEd. May be with use of hex editors.
brainblip3

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2018, 22:31 »

Ahh, very clever. Thank you gildor, that was the answer I needed!
brainblip3

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2018, 04:26 »

I think these blueprints were edited with something else, not with UnrealEd. May be with use of hex editors.

Hello Gildor,

Do you have any resources to help me reverse the bytes of cooked uasset + corresponding uexp? I am looking over some files now, but the values that follow the struct variable names do not make any sense in the uasset file. I see others making changes in uexp corresponding file to get the mods they want, but I need more documentation about cooking/uncooking. I am also having another strange problem where even when I export from uemodelviewer and repack+encrypt, the modded pak file is not loading. Very strange because when I use a 3rd party provided modded pak file, it works in game, but even if I extract and then repack+encrypt the contents of the pak, resulting in I thought identical file (identical file size), this new encrypted pak is not loading in game when its clone brother downloaded online still works.

Thanks.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2018, 13:01 »

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not writing any docs about "file formats". In general, it is very very hard to write one for any Unreal game. And even 1000x times harder to write it for ALL games which UModel supports.

If you have programming skills, you can read UModel's or UE4's source code.

Regarding "game ignored my pak files" - I don't know what's wrong. There could be many issues why game rejects pak files.
treasure1011

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2019, 11:10 »

Sad i have problems!
i open pubg .pak with umodel with setting "override game direction"  UE4.16 ( image down here )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ClqE1M9NmZ-iQL17YDGjXSU5d-U6Ufe9/view?usp=sharing
i open a weapon (kar98) it ok! nothing happen
but when i open a house .it failed - ( image down here )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FilvSPhXH-jZC-76cMfrZSEl_ebKgRea/view?usp=sharing
i try to change version to 4.18! it still failed with same problems ( image down here )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QyVOJP_e7W9cywzmOtmsMwplVyxtVDb2/view?usp=sharing
i try too hard but it not changed
please help me Sad
i use new umodel
==== it say =====
ERROR: Memory: bad allocation size -536860640 bytes
appMalloc:size=-536860640 (total=3 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:-402652328 x 12 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeBulkArray <- FPositionVertexBuffer4<< <- FStaticMeshLODModel4::SerializeBuffersLegacy <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/3 <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh4'Church.Church', pos=284F22, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.16 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:Church <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1113
austrianyt

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2020, 03:17 »

Hi!

I read every single thread here about PUBG and it's problems. I read that this game isn't supported for UModel at all. Is there a way to fix that for a short time range? I would be ready to pay for this if it is somehow possible.
I need the models for my animations which I do as a full time job.

The problem:

My problem is that a lot of PUBG's models (PC version) don't come with textures after exporting. Here is a screenshot how it looks like: https://gyazo.com/ab75b6b4363ea09b014482c8bc68bd3e

To view the models I use UE 4.16 or 4.17. Both works.
I have the feeling that nearly all newer meshes have no texture and get this warnings shown in the screenshot.

Greetings from Austria,
Markus
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 03:25 by austrianyt » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2020, 07:18 »

I don't think it's a problem with uModel, but just how the PUBG dev's handle their materials setup, like the material isn't assigned directly to the mesh from DCC programs like 3ds Max or Blender, but  just clicked and dragged on to it in UE4 since they would be using Material Instances.

But textures are that ain't hard to find, they are named the same has the mesh.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2020, 10:02 »

I suppose this game shouldn't work at all, isn't it?
austrianyt

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2020, 13:49 »

Thanks for the answers!

I have to say that UModel works pretty good for that game when I am using it with version 4.16. I can export all meshes I want. Only problem was that with the textures

Thanks for your adwise @Blenux. It works when I export the textures manually and it also works in my software now and every looks fine! Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2020, 13:56 »

I have to say that UModel works pretty good for that game when I am using it with version 4.16. I can export all meshes I want. Only problem was that with the textures
- Is that desktop or mobile version of the game?
- Is that recent game or old one (very old)?
- Are you using "officlal" UModel, or modded version? (there's third-party build which adds support for PUBG)

I've been told many times that UModel doesn't work with PUBG, that the game has quite complex changes made it incompatible.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: