Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Gigantic - Help with exporting animation (UE3 game)  (Read 1909 times)
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
Gigantic - Help with exporting animation (UE3 game)
« on: May 10, 2017, 18:09 »

Hi,
I am able to export the Skeletal mesh using Umodel. However I am struggling to find the animations. e.g. In the attached screen (DYNPAWN_Warden_SF.upk), it says that the package has Anim data but on exporting I am only getting the PSK and texture files. So fundamental question, if the package contains skel as well as anim data is it possible to extract both PSK and PSA files? I am not able to find specific upk files which only contain animations (like say Blade & Soul)

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Gigantic - Help with exporting animation (UE3 game)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 18:18 »

Are you exporting with pressing "Export" button in package list, or by pressing Ctrl+X in a viewer?
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 18:23 »

Ctrl X in the viewer.
I Man I feel like such an idiot, just tried the Export option from the Tool as u suggested instead of Ctrl X and got everything!
Thanks a lot man.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 18:26 »

Ctrl+X will export only those things which are currently loaded in viewer. In your case, animation is not loaded. You should use Ctrl+A key to find a suitable AnimSet, and then Ctrl+X will work for animation as well. This happens with UE3 games - they don't have any information about which AnimSets belongs to which mesh. UE2 and UE4 doesn't have such problem.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 18:37 »

Ctrl+X will export only those things which are currently loaded in viewer. In your case, animation is not loaded. You should use Ctrl+A key to find a suitable AnimSet, and then Ctrl+X will work for animation as well. This happens with UE3 games - they don't have any information about which AnimSets belongs to which mesh. UE2 and UE4 doesn't have such problem.
Ah OK that makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation.
Jump to: