Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 280469 times)
DIBZ420

Bloop

View Profile
Re: Fortnite
« Reply #1050 on: March 20, 2019, 17:15 »

Hello all, I'm a small time modder who messes mostly with textures & I have a question about messing with Fortnite textures... Tongue

I was just wondering, have any of u been banned for changing textures of the game & if so how long did it take them to catch you?

I've made My own textures before but I haven't ever played with them because I don't wanna lose My account on which I've spent around 200+ dollars so far.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 20, 2019, 19:07 »

Hello all, I'm a small time modder who messes mostly with textures & I have a question about messing with Fortnite textures... Tongue

I was just wondering, have any of u been banned for changing textures of the game & if so how long did it take them to catch you?

I've made My own textures before but I haven't ever played with them because I don't wanna lose My account on which I've spent around 200+ dollars so far.
No talk about modding Fortnite is allowed here.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1052 on: March 20, 2019, 19:21 »

... My account on which I've spent around 200+ dollars so far.
Damn ... If everyone who use umodel and who spending money to Fortnite donate for umodel, I'd be rich ... But those people can only demand new features, compatibility with game updates etc. There are things where they can waste money, and things which are "free" with no conditions. People use umodel to promote their youtube channels (and somehow getting money from google) etc etc ... Sigh.

No talk about modding Fortnite is allowed here.
You're absolutely right. This is not the forum's purpose, and also what's probably more important - Epic may decide that umodel is "bad" for them and ask stopping it. Earlier I've talked with Epic's devs about umodel and they found this project interesting, however lawyers are totally different kind of people, and I'm happy that nobody from them contacted me yet. However, I've got a notification from google saying that some of forum pages are blocked from search results due to some files people provide here (most likely they even didn't bother to analyze content, those page just contains words "batman" and "download", nothing more).

I'm even thinking about adding "spoiler" tag capability to the forum, and put all AES keys under it, so only registered users will see them - just in case, to prevent those codes from appearing in search engines.
DIBZ420

Bloop

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 20, 2019, 20:47 »

I was just asking a simple question regarding changing the looks of things in Fortnite.

I had nor have any intention to "mod" the game, I DO NOT believe in cheating in competitive games like Fortnite.

The only reason I even consider changing textures is because it's client sided & doesn't negatively affect other peoples game experience.

I don't like things like aim bot, seeking bullets, player tag, & wall x-ray among others are, it's unfair & it just ruins it for everyone.

The only games I've "modded" are all single player games.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 20, 2019, 20:55 »

Epic games doesn't like the use of modifying the game pak files, if you do you your account will get banned plain and simple.

lorp
« Reply #1055 on: March 20, 2019, 23:58 »

I was just asking a simple question regarding changing the looks of things in Fortnite.

I had nor have any intention to "mod" the game, I DO NOT believe in cheating in competitive games like Fortnite.

The only reason I even consider changing textures is because it's client sided & doesn't negatively affect other peoples game experience.

I don't like things like aim bot, seeking bullets, player tag, & wall x-ray among others are, it's unfair & it just ruins it for everyone.

The only games I've "modded" are all single player games.

the worst that can happen automatically is a kick during signature verification. you'll have to be manually banned otherwise. i've seen nothing to indicate you'll get straight up banned automatically.

speaking from experience
Luki

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 21, 2019, 01:18 »

I want to thank for the creation of umodel. I perceive it as a tool thanks to which I can see through creating processes, used techniques,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3FXp9ZrmPg
BlendSkill

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 22, 2019, 10:06 »

Hello
Does anyone know if the characters that are in .uasset and .umap files are decodable?
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/12/5/1553234759-capture.png
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1058 on: March 22, 2019, 10:16 »

What did you mean with "decodable"?
BlendSkill

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 22, 2019, 10:24 »

Can I get information with that?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1060 on: March 22, 2019, 13:39 »

What kind of information? Do you ever know what the object's type is there?
NoobestLifeEver

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 22, 2019, 17:12 »

I want to thank for the creation of umodel. I perceive it as a tool thanks to which I can see through creating processes, used techniques,...

how did you import the fortnite map?
BlendSkill

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 22, 2019, 20:41 »

I would like to know if I can "translate" these characters to something that is understandable.
For example, here is the beginning of the code of the .uasset file of a skin : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/12/5/1553272834-capture.png . How can I make sense of the highlighted part?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1063 on: March 22, 2019, 23:37 »

If that's a blueprint, you can't do that. Actually there's not so many asset types which could be translated to text.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 23, 2019, 05:16 »

how did you import the fortnite map?
Pretty sure he just extracted from uModel and recreated again in UE4 with a good understand how to do so.

Jump to: