Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 280071 times)
KrasheR

View Profile
Re: Fortnite
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2018, 00:30 »

Ok I'm downloading one of the paragon assets, is ue4 4.19 branch good to create needed project?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2018, 00:49 »

Yes. But it will be suitable ONLY if it will crash umodel, when started with correct settings.
KrasheR

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2018, 01:00 »

does animation drop track error counts aswell?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2018, 01:04 »

Yes, sure. This is exactly the same problem with animation data.
Paradoxx18

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2018, 12:08 »

Is there a way to unpack the .pak files?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2018, 13:13 »

Is there a way to unpack the .pak files?
unpacking the pak files will give you uassets and umaps, which would be useless, uModel extracts meshes into PSK (Statics) and PSKX (Skeletons), PSA (Animations) and TGA for textures etc, then you need to convert them to FBX inside Blender of other 3d modeling packages to put into a game engine like UE4.

and yeah Gildor me tried to help much has I can (having some personal stuff to needing to get through atm), not sure why uModel works fine for you with the project package I provided, but crashes for me when I try to load a pacific animation etc Sad, think it's user error on my side lol....

Blender + Linux User Here.
Paradoxx18

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2018, 13:38 »

Thanks for the information, I really appriciate it! When I try to export some assets, some of them don't even appear in the folder. What is that supposed to mean? Are there some files, that can't be exported? Is there any way I can look at the code of some files?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2018, 13:50 »

When I try to export some assets, some of them don't even appear in the folder. What is that supposed to mean? Are there some files, that can't be exported? Is there any way I can look at the code of some files?
Fortnite has 112k uasset files. Do you really think they are all meshes, animations and textures? Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2018, 13:51 »

and yeah Gildor me tried to help much has I can (having some personal stuff to needing to get through atm), not sure why uModel works fine for you with the project package I provided, but crashes for me when I try to load a pacific animation etc Sad, think it's user error on my side lol....
No problem. May be you've uploaded wrong files, I don't know. Yesterday I've got a sample pack from another guy, and it seems that it has exactly what's needed for research. (However I don't have enough free time - I've fixed a few UE4.19 bugs today, which aren't related to animation).
Paladin
« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2018, 15:50 »

hello!

I have a question ( a stupid one maybe), but is it possible to export files from Uasset files which arent just Materials, meshes or textures? Is it possible to get any code/blueprints for use in the Unreal Engine?

I read up a few places where it said you could place Uassets directly into the Content folder of your current UE4 project, and although I tried that, nothing showed up. Im using UE version 4.19, and im not too sure what version the engine needs to be in order to detect the Uasset files from the current version of fortnite. I dont know how to check the compatible version of Uasset files.

could anyone offer any suggestions on how to get these uasset files into my Unreal Engine project, or export the files(excluding Mats, textures and meshes) , for use in the engine?

thanks in advance  Grin
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2018, 15:53 »

Unreal editor can't open cooked uasset files, it ignores them. There's some code in UE4 which allows to load some cooked assets (I've got textures working) - this code has been made for UT4 modding possibilities, and it is disabled in C++ by default.
Paladin
« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2018, 16:05 »

oh okay,

i did some reading ( coz i didnt know what cooking was)

so its essentially changing the file formats used in the engine to file formats used by the platform that the project will be distributed on??

and reversing the process of cooking is a difficult task in itself I presume?
--

also, I tried viewing a Uasset file in a program called Noesis, which claims to support Uasset files, although on viewing any Uasset file, the program becomes unresponsive and starts eating RAM like no other. Is this because the file is cooked?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2018, 16:13 »

Cooking, in addition to conversion to platform format, strips out editor-only parts of assets to make data smaller. And yes, it is very hard thing to recover stipped data.
Regarding Noesis, this is a mesh viewer too, so don't expect viewing anything else there.
Paladin
« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2018, 17:09 »

Does this same problem apply to .UMAP files as well?
KrasheR

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2018, 17:21 »

I wouldn't consider this as a problem, because .umap file is a map file, not a mesh itself so umodel wont open them
Jump to: