March 29, 2024, 00:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 279088 times)
Coverop1

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2018, 03:58 »

This program is really amazing!
You can technically export any asset from the game to any other software.

Although I have noticed that Actor X has some minor problems with importing animations (perhaps I'm using wrong version?)
I've extracted and test animation called "wiggle".
The result is great but I quickly noticed that legs and pelvis are a bit off (could be the fault of extractor)

Here's Wiggle in 3dsmax2012Design
https://streamable.com/gs2tw

Here's Wiggle in Fornite:BR
https://streamable.com/cliga

Edit: OK, I realized where's the fault.
There are several version of emotes (taunts), I've picked the poor one.
Poor vs Good
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:03 by Coverop1 » Logged
capirurso

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2018, 15:04 »

Appreciated your help. But the question is how can I get the same model shape as for example Mr.Tomato? Soldier04 body has some pockets and extra staff that some models don't, in the game. I understand that they have same body for lot of skins, just changing the picture. But there some parts of model that they hide for some models, like tokens, pockets, scarf. Is there any way to get that from UModel or I have to edit Soldier04 in 3d editor by my self? Please, see the picture.

* pizza.jpg (94.34 KB, 662x500 - viewed 689 times.)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2018, 15:40 »

Appreciated your help. But the question is how can I get the same model shape as for example Mr.Tomato? Soldier04 body has some pockets and extra staff that some models don't, in the game. I understand that they have same body for lot of skins, just changing the picture. But there some parts of model that they hide for some models, like tokens, pockets, scarf. Is there any way to get that from UModel or I have to edit Soldier04 in 3d editor by my self? Please, see the picture.
Yep you need to edit the mesh and delete those off, Epic uses Mutable system to hide those parts of the mesh in game to make new characters easily, just recently started looking into this myself, might be a way to do it with masked textures and setting it to opacity on those parts via material, but haven't figured that out yet, and depends on what engine your gonna use with the mesh also,  so for now you just need to manually remove them.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 15:51 by Blenux » Logged

Blender + Linux User Here.
NevecEx

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2018, 19:48 »

If you want to check out an animation but don't have 3DS Max you can use this tool: http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,91.0.html

Import the model you want from File > Import Mesh, and then the animation you want File > Import Animset. For exporting both you can refer to Blenux's tutorial.

Discord: NevecEx#3871
digitalkid56

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2018, 08:36 »

Looking for the location and files names of some of the new skins (ie. purchased Abstrakt)
Not sure as to where these get downloaded to, couldn't find them with the rest of the original characters..

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:24 by Blenux » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 14, 2018, 10:24 »

Looking for the location and files names of some of the new skins (ie. purchased Abstrakt)
Not sure as to where these get downloaded to, couldn't find them with the rest of the original characters..

/Characters/Player/Male/Medium/Bodies/M_MED_Graffiti_02

digitalkid56

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 14, 2018, 14:30 »

Thanks! found it.. but now I'm running into an issue.. I've gotten to the point where I can "save" the .uasset into UmodelSaved folder, I can open it with v693 and I can see the SkeletalMesh, but when I go to export, nothing exports

I get this:
Exporting SkeletalMesh4 M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02 to /Mac/Home/Desktop/UmodelExport

I try again and get this:
Duplicate name M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02 found for class SkeletalMesh4, renaming to M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02_2
Exporting SkeletalMesh4 M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02_2 to /Mac/Home/Desktop/UmodelExport

but I don't see the files.. I tried changing compatibility to Windows 7 and 8, same thing.. (im on 10) .. any ideas?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 14, 2018, 14:53 »

Thanks! found it.. but now I'm running into an issue.. I've gotten to the point where I can "save" the .uasset into UmodelSaved folder, I can open it with v693 and I can see the SkeletalMesh, but when I go to export, nothing exports

I get this:
Exporting SkeletalMesh4 M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02 to /Mac/Home/Desktop/UmodelExport

I try again and get this:
Duplicate name M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02 found for class SkeletalMesh4, renaming to M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02_2
Exporting SkeletalMesh4 M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02_2 to /Mac/Home/Desktop/UmodelExport

but I don't see the files.. I tried changing compatibility to Windows 7 and 8, same thing.. (im on 10) .. any ideas?

Hmmm not sure what the issue can be, do you have a screen-shot of the issue?

No need to change compatibility mode, something else is causing it I believe.

digitalkid56

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 14, 2018, 14:57 »

Hmmm not sure what the issue can be, do you have a screen-shot of the issue?

No need to change compatibility mode, something else is causing it I believe.

This is what I get:
Code:
[i]Found 2 game files (0 skipped)
Loading package: M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02.uasset Ver: 516/0 Engine: 0 [Unversioned] Names: 159 Exports: 1 Imports: 7 Game: 1000130
Loaded in 0 sec, 4 allocs, 0.00 MBytes serialized in 0 calls.
Loading SkeletalMesh4 M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02 from package M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02.uasset
WARNING: Import(Skeleton'M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02_Skeleton'): package /Game/Characters/Player/Male/Medium/Bodies/M_MED_Graffiti_02/Meshes/M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02_Skeleton was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::ScreenSize" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::ReductionSettings" was not found
WARNING: ArrayProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::BonesToRemove" was not found
WARNING: ObjectProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::BakePose" was not found
WARNING: StrProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::SourceImportFilename" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bHasPerLODVertexColors" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bAllowCPUAccess" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bSupportUniformlyDistributedSampling" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bHasPerLODVertexColors" was not found
WARNING: BoolProperty "FSkeletalMeshLODInfo::bSupportUniformlyDistributedSampling" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "USkeletalMesh4::MinLod" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "USkeletalMesh4::SamplingInfo" was not found
WARNING: Import(MaterialInstanceConstant'M_Med_Commando_Graffiti'): package /Game/Characters/Player/Male/Medium/Bodies/M_MED_Graffiti_02/Materials/M_Med_Commando_Graffiti was not found
INFO: fixed 39 vertices
Exporting SkeletalMesh4 M_MED_Graffiti_Body_02 to /Mac/Home/Desktop/UmodelExport[/I]

But no export, I even tried saving all the files in the directory (the ones that the error log says its missing) still nothing..
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 14:59 by Blenux » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 14, 2018, 15:00 »

Are you using the latest uModel for saving (730) and setting Engine version to Unreal Engine 4.19?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 15:10 by Blenux » Logged

digitalkid56

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2018, 15:10 »

Are you using the latest uModel (730) and setting Engine version to Unreal Engine 4.19?

Yes sir. I'm currently unlinking my desktops (using Parallels via Mac) just to see if its a path issue. I don't think it is since I was able to "save" the .uasset files, but the problem is when I use v693 exporting .psk

Edit: whats weird is that I just unlinked my desktops from parallels, tried it again and it worked! Im not sure if it was a path issue on my end.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 15:25 by Blenux » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2018, 15:26 »

Never mind was error on my part also, deleted my message and edited yours with last post for future reference etc...

digitalkid56

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2018, 12:07 »

I'm using umodel to extract the .psk files, I've also figured out how to extract the .tga files..
some questions that I can't seem to figure out is:
1. how do I get the body to pull up in the render (right now its the clothes only)
2. Im using Blender, and I can add the .tga textures to the psk file, how do I export an .stl file with everything attached?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 15, 2018, 17:25 »

I'm using umodel to extract the .psk files, I've also figured out how to extract the .tga files..
some questions that I can't seem to figure out is:
1. how do I get the body to pull up in the render (right now its the clothes only)
2. Im using Blender, and I can add the .tga textures to the psk file, how do I export an .stl file with everything attached?
What model are you trying to export out or have a picture of the issue?

FabianFG

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2018, 19:32 »

I know Blenux you have enough to do but I have one problem and you are maybe the only one who knows it...
So I have the 3d Model of the Metal Man Skins (body and head) Everything works fine. Also with animations but as you maybe know this skin also has a hat and when I add this into 3dsmax this one is not animated. Is there any way to attach the head to the hat so that it just moves with the head?
Would be really nice if you can help me this one time.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: