March 28, 2024, 14:28
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 279065 times)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 05, 2018, 04:33 »

Hi. When importing a mesh into 3ds Max, try checking "import only skeleton" option. It will create bones, but not geometry. Then play with animations. Probably this will help.
I can confirm that Blender has this feature also.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Salty Snickerdoodle

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2018, 14:30 »

I am having an issue with getting the animations, no matter what I do when I export the animation it does nothing, the loading screen goes by in a flash and nothing is in the animation folder from umodel. Also it seems to have extracted stuff from the props folder which I never even selected in the first place

Have you seen the 3 tutorials on the first page? It explains how to set everything up and then you can just go to file -> export -> FBX
I mean exporting them from umodel. I saw the tutorials on blender but I can't get the animations to export out of umodel
okay I managed to export them now but upon putting them in blender with both a custom skin and the base model I get something like this... and yes I'm using the addon for Blender
https://imgur.com/a/DUWa8gW
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 14:32 by Salty Snickerdoodle » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 05, 2018, 17:39 »

Rename the following bone names,

root = Root
spine_01 = Spine_01
spine_02 = Spine_02
spine_03 = Spine_03

then reload the animations in and should be fine, if it's the issue I think your having.

P.S - Sorry haven't been on guys to help, been sick for the last couple of days, slowly getting better from today...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 18:19 by Blenux » Logged

Salty Snickerdoodle

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 05, 2018, 20:58 »

Nope that didn't fix it Sad
Beben

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2018, 19:10 »

This is the only tutorial that works in my case on how to extract fortnite animations to blender and 3ds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiqglALPnsI
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2018, 19:18 »

This is the only tutorial that works in my case on how to extract fortnite animations to blender and 3ds.
Is there anything "unusual" in this workflow? You're simply following my instructions in videos, the only part which is new is passing fbx from 3ds Max to Blender.
Beben

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2018, 21:16 »

Yea but im just making a other for people who want it in blender, surely there no problem about that.
UnsurprisinglyNeat

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2018, 06:38 »

Hey folks.

I'm trying to extract all of the music using UModel in these paths: FortniteGame/Content/Sounds/Fort_Music/Orchestral_Score/Orch_Menu_Frontend/ and also FortniteGame/Content/Sounds/Fort_Music/Menu/. When extracting, only some of the sound files are actually extracted. Any solutions?

Thanks.
fortnitenow

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2018, 10:37 »

I'm currently assembling the models for the Chromium and Diecast skins and I've encountered an issue that someone here would be more adept to solve.

These meshes and textures were used to assemble the characters. Chromium: F_Med_Soldier_01 > BR_MetalWoman and Ramirez head. Diecast: M_Med_Soldier_04 > BR_MetalMan and Jonesy head.

All of the models and textures (materials included) were exported by uModel and imported in Blender successfully. For each character, they have the typical _D , _M, _S and N .tga texture structure for the head and body (also hair for Chromium and the hat for Diecast) but also have an additional texture, _E2.tga, that's meant to colorize their eyes to give it the yellow robotic glow https://i.redd.it/dhfayk2383111.png .

I know some models like Carbide and Omega have an _E.tga texture for emission, but the eye texture for Chromium and Diecast can't be applied in the same way. If you look at the _E2.tga files, it's just the enlarged glowing eye and iris without the rest of the head texture present. I don't see an additional material this texture can be applied to in Blender either. Can anyone help me solve how to apply this eye texture to the head of the model?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 09, 2018, 12:18 »

I'm currently assembling the models for the Chromium and Diecast skins and I've encountered an issue that someone here would be more adept to solve.

These meshes and textures were used to assemble the characters. Chromium: F_Med_Soldier_01 > BR_MetalWoman and Ramirez head. Diecast: M_Med_Soldier_04 > BR_MetalMan and Jonesy head.

All of the models and textures (materials included) were exported by uModel and imported in Blender successfully. For each character, they have the typical _D , _M, _S and N .tga texture structure for the head and body (also hair for Chromium and the hat for Diecast) but also have an additional texture, _E2.tga, that's meant to colorize their eyes to give it the yellow robotic glow https://i.redd.it/dhfayk2383111.png .

I know some models like Carbide and Omega have an _E.tga texture for emission, but the eye texture for Chromium and Diecast can't be applied in the same way. If you look at the _E2.tga files, it's just the enlarged glowing eye and iris without the rest of the head texture present. I don't see an additional material this texture can be applied to in Blender either. Can anyone help me solve how to apply this eye texture to the head of the model?

It's due to the _E2 emissive texture not having it's dedicated UV map, but all mix intogether with the head and rest of the textures, you can either make your own material just for the eye or use Texture Cordinates and Mapping nodes connected to the _E2 image texture, though the first one would be quicker.

This is what I've found anyway, probably much easier way out there lol.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: June 09, 2018, 12:22 »

I'm trying to extract all of the music using UModel in these paths: FortniteGame/Content/Sounds/Fort_Music/Orchestral_Score/Orch_Menu_Frontend/ and also FortniteGame/Content/Sounds/Fort_Music/Menu/. When extracting, only some of the sound files are actually extracted. Any solutions?
I'd advice you to read "readme.txt" file.
Paradoxx18

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 11, 2018, 12:25 »

Can't open the latest Fortnite Pak (not even able to enter a key) https://i.imgur.com/5LvKvu1.png

Even downloaded the latest version, so that's not it.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: June 11, 2018, 12:40 »

This week I'm extremely busy (much busier than before, I'm travelling), so I'm afraid you should get back to older Fortnite version before I'll update UModel.
xeh

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 11, 2018, 13:11 »

same here
https://gyazo.com/413033467155d6c3789fd3b976aedffa

some how @DieBuddies on twitter already has the aes key and a working version of uModel and just leaked EVERYTHING all the new emotes, skins, backblings, gliders, and loading screens within 2 hours of the update...

SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS

They don't use umodel
BattleDash

@BattleDashBR

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 11, 2018, 13:17 »

what else is there
from my knowledge quickbms doesn't work for fortnite...
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: