March 28, 2024, 16:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 279067 times)
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2018, 23:01 »

All,

Anyone know if it's possible to export out whole buildings from Fortnite? I'm only seeing a couple of complete looking buildings, but I'm also a complete n00b at extracting assets. I'm trying to help my kid with a school project, they want to base their project around the structures over on Snobby Shores. Am I barking up the wrong binary?

I think you're on the right track, but you have to understand how assets are created. They are modular. So you going to have to piece it together. This is done to improve render time. You're going to have to find all the assets you want to create your building and extract them. Then use a DCC app like 3DSMax or Maya or whatever, and piece it together. Then of course apply the textures setup lighting and cameras.

I hope that helps  Grin

..:: ESR 911 ::..

PS: There is one other option. You could use NinjaRipper to export the whole scene. This might work for you, but I have had issues with UV's.
bshadow

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2018, 01:13 »

any fix incoming for the previewer crashes? particularly looking for player head meshes.

when i choose no engine version i can input 4.18 when trying to preview, crashing with "wrong index" error.

when i choose the ue4 - fortnite config directly it crashes with bad memory alloc error. example...

Code:
Memory: bad allocation size -1140850688 bytes
appMalloc:size=-1140850688 (total=39 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:-16777216 x 68 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FSkelMeshSection4<< <- TArray::Serialize:1/3 <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'SK_F_Ninja_01_Head_01.SK_F_Ninja_01_Head_01', pos=D9EA, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=fortnite <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=651

could this be solved? or... where should i start looking to tryna fix this? i got the github code, but no clue where to look at. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:19 by bshadow » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 10:00 »

I believe "fortnite" option is obsolete now. The game's engine was updated after I've added that option (so I'll remove "fortnite" option later, it was a temporary solution).

I see no point of doing updates to umodel every time the game got an update. Most of UE4 games (including fortnite) uses standard UE4, just sometimes developers picked engine which version lays between 2 engine releases. Just like right now. If I'll update the umodel, game may get an update in, say, 2 days, and all my "update" work will become useless.

On the bright note, I'm thinking about adding some "advanced" stuff to umodel which will allow to select mid-air engine version details. This will allow to work with any game which is picked non-release engine. This stuff will be hard to use - you'll need to select ~10 numbers, so at the moment my concerns are how to make this stuff easier to use.
bshadow

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2018, 16:29 »

okay. i get this. they are modifying the engine. in development. that includes changing storage specification inbetween versions, right? i wonder why they do that tho. they got something to hide? dumblock? seems foobar to me.

still this problem then... how do i fix this index error? or atleast attempt to fix it.

Code:
Package "/FortniteGame/Content/Characters/Player/Female/Small/Heads/F_SML_Ninja_Head_01/Mesh/SK_F_Ninja_01_Head_01_Skeleton.uasset": wrong name index 10495
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=00004A23 <- TArray::Serialize:1/3 <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- USkeleton::Serialize <- LoadObject:Skeleton'SK_F_Ninja_01_Head_01_Skeleton.SK_F_Ninja_01_Head_01_Skeleton', pos=4A23, ver=514/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.18 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=651

where i gotta look in the viewer code, to try this?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 16:32 by bshadow » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 17:32 »

To explain things, I should explain you
1) difference between UE3 and UE4 versioning
2) how cooling changes package information, and what are "unversioned packages"
3) how development of the engine is performed by large team in Epic Games, how changes from branches propagated to main engine branch, etc

This explanation would be very technical, and most of people here would not understand it.

Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2018, 18:48 »

All,

Anyone know if it's possible to export out whole buildings from Fortnite? I'm only seeing a couple of complete looking buildings, but I'm also a complete n00b at extracting assets. I'm trying to help my kid with a school project, they want to base their project around the structures over on Snobby Shores. Am I barking up the wrong binary?

Buildings are inside those folders in the pack

"Packages"
"Enviroments/Props"
"Enviroments/Sets"

then i don't know more places of them, they are in parts, but some of them are multi textured, wich if you try to export and import it in blender result messed up, like the multi materials, like 3 for example they turn into a single one, wich means, you need to remake the UV, and assigned materials manual, i hope Gildor you fix this, i use an original import of .psk of blender
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2018, 18:56 »

i hope Gildor you fix this, i use an original import of .psk of blender
I'm not the author of Blender importer, sorry.
Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2018, 19:18 »

i hope Gildor you fix this, i use an original import of .psk of blender
I'm not the author of Blender importer, sorry.

I mean your program, or in 3dmax works fine?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2018, 19:22 »

Just try 3ds Max importer. The problems you're talking about are not familiar to me.
Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2018, 19:28 »

Just try 3ds Max importer. The problems you're talking about are not familiar to me.

Are you going to make your program blender compatible too? or do a script?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2018, 19:30 »

It is not Blender-compatible or Max-compatible etc. I just made export to some mesh format, psk (ActorX) and later implemented importer script for 3ds Max import. Plugins for Maya and Blender are "third-parties" for me. If Blender importer can't read psk files correctly, this is not a bug in umodel, and there's nothing to do on my side.
Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2018, 19:35 »

Well, a bug of your umodel exists, like some meshes, of fortnite, like a roof or a wall got multi textures, and they got display all the multi textured only one for some weird reason
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2018, 19:36 »

Sigh ... Well, what's "multitexturing" in your opinion? You're using your own terminology which is not understandable to me.
Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2018, 19:38 »

Sigh ... Well, what's "multitexturing" in your opinion? You're using your own terminology which is not understandable to me.

emh, how i can say it, oh yes, MULTIPLE MATERIALS/TEXTURES

also sometimes the model displayed uses wrong one's like, wtf is dis?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 19:41 by ALIEN31ITA » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2018, 19:42 »

I suppose you mean "multiple materials in a single mesh"?
Meshes may have multiple materials. In all formats, including fbx and psk. Why you're saying about this like about a bug? If Unreal mesh has multiple materials assigned onto it, umodel will save a psk file with multiple materials assigned. However you're demanding something different, right?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: