March 29, 2024, 00:36
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 279090 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 00:29 »

Sure, just download the new umodel and use it. It will spam about unsupported audio (to console and notify.log), but won't crash anymore. I didn't know that this game has sounds in different format, otherwise I'd upload it earlier.

Actually I reviewed engine's code and found that 'opus' is some open format, related to ogg vorbis. However supporting it in umodel would require a lot of time, so it is not worth doing right now.
suken

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 13:26 »

one of the model has a mesh  error in the area above the chest.  Can you check it if you have time gildor?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 13:41 »

I don't see any error.

Side note: I'd recommend to disable specular highlights when viewing meshes from this game, they are completely wrong (and pink). Press Ctrl+L key once while in a viewer mode.
fefifochizzle

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 22:02 »

Unfortunately the sounds are not exportable or viewable using uModel. Is there any progress on this Gildor?

Hi mate, with Umodel usually you don't need to extract the assets as Umodel internally can browse the assets and you can export from there. However in some case till the game is fully supported not all kind of assets can be exported. Hopefully we will get support for mesh export soon as the game has some awesome stuff.

Hey, san, I created an account here JUST to figure this exact thing out. I am able to extract the game assets using QuickBMS, but they are in uasset files. I only care about getting the audio from this. How were you able to extract the textures?

fefifochizzle

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 22:08 »

I am familiar with Opus, not sure how you'd integrate a way to convert it into your application, but you can use third party tools to convert it

I've checked these files. Sounds are in some "OPUS" format, I don't know this one. Sorry, but it seems it won't be supported for this game.
fefifochizzle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 23:59 »

Can you just allow export of those OPUS files anyways? If you allow them to be exported I can definitely convert them. This is my main interest in extracting assets from this game, so please please please allow it
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 00:56 »

Unfortunately these files are processed in some way to store in "streamable" format. It should be possible to code correct exported for them, but this is not an easy task at all, so I delayed it for the future.
fefifochizzle

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2017, 01:04 »

Oh so there's not actually files? Is it like multipart?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2017, 01:09 »

Very good question. Exactly. Looks like information from headers is extracted and placed into separate structures, and audio data split into parts. So, to complete this in umodel I'd need to learn how OPUS format structured, learn how UE4 holds this information, and implement converter. It was easy to do with SoundNodeWave (but not easy with wma from Xbox360), this is why umodel supports sounds.
fefifochizzle

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2017, 01:11 »

Okay, well how much time do you anticipate this taking? I've been super stoked to have the ability to get the audio for a while....just a ballpark figure, I won't quote you lol
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 01:14 »

May be a day of hard work. But I don't have this day.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2017, 19:02 »

Some animations are now working after UModel's update.
haubna

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 01:43 »

The pak files now have an encrypted index. Any chance of a workaround for that?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 16:27 »

Integration of AES code into UModel is not hard (but I won't do that). Hard is to
1. obtain AES keys from Fortnite exe (which is also encrypted)
2. make some system in UModel which will pick codes for particular games

Anyway, long time ago I decided not to support any encryption in UModel. All supported encrypted games works through separate tool, QuickBMS, which decrypts data which therefore passed to UModel.

I think it is possible to SCAN pak files for embedded uasset files and build some table. Files are not encrypted, just file listing. This is very tricky, will work very slowly, and if this process will be open-sourced - Epic will "close exploit" later.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2017, 10:30 »

You did nearly what I thought to do. Yes, file (package) name is stored in name table at very first index. This name is not used and probably this is a little bug in the engine, so if scanners will appear, Epic may remove this.

Edited in 1 minute
It seems scanners are useless. There are also .uexp and .ubulk files which could be located ANYWHERE in pak, and these files can't be detected at all.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: