Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 280098 times)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
Re: Fortnite
« Reply #705 on: September 08, 2018, 22:44 »

There is a new pak file named pakchunk1000 It might have a different aes key or something, I was wondering if anybody knows how to get inside it

That file is only 35mb in size, nothing inside worth looking at.

Blender + Linux User Here.
ImatrixGp

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 09, 2018, 04:45 »

Hey, do you know a way to export a model and repack it to a UASSET file?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #707 on: September 09, 2018, 10:27 »

Hey, do you know a way to export a model and repack it to a UASSET file?
Every 5th visitor asks this in THIS THREAD. And nobody tries to read previous posts. Nice.

Guys, this thread full of trash. 90% of questions comes from lazy people, "where can I find ...". I did huge cleanup some time ago, pushing 50 pages down to 30. Now I think I should remove everything after page 30 again. And block the thread.

I can't imagine how much patience Blenux has answering to everyone here.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 09, 2018, 16:59 »

Where can I find the head of the backbone ? (biker in files)

I looked at all available heads and none seem to be the correct one.

Head: Jonesy + Part: Bike_01_Head = Backbone head.

Result is obtained by removing Jonesy hair (either by hiding or removing), and use the face textures that are included in backbone's texture file on Jonesy head mesh.

Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 09, 2018, 19:17 »

Jumpshot is a tricky one, still haven't fully figured it out yet but got this far, hair still isn't right (wrong texture) but if I use different one, another part of part will be wrong, ear ring is part of the body mesh also, but thing comes down to figuring out coloring them properly, UE4 material setups can get complex.

and Hooks Sunglasses are in the Starfish_headphone mesh, again have to remove the extra geometery to get the sunglasses, PM can show you that way to much for posting on here.

BattleDash

@BattleDashBR

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 09, 2018, 23:18 »

so battledash u said that u cant change files in the pak then how tf did gambit do it and madleaker on twitter?

I said you can't directly change files in the paks in uModel.
2 things you can do are:

1. Change path files in the pak hex to be paths of something stored locally on your pc.
2. Unpack and repack the paks with changed things.
JCL Gaming

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 19, 2018, 05:55 »

Is it possible to add OPUS audio format, please!

My favorite emote music (orange justice) is encoded in OPUS as well as most of the music in Fortnite
I would love to hear it in pure form without audio or anything else in the background.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 19, 2018, 07:51 »

Is it possible to add OPUS audio format, please!

My favorite emote music (orange justice) is encoded in OPUS as well as most of the music in Fortnite
I would love to hear it in pure form without audio or anything else in the background.
There isn't a way to export streaming sounds out so that's a no.

falefee

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 21, 2018, 02:20 »

Has anyone ever figured out how to load up parts of the map via what I believe is these files?

I'm pretty sure this acts as an list of all models in the area and their locations placed within the editor.
BattleDash

@BattleDashBR

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 21, 2018, 05:43 »

Hey guys is there a way to make a mesh use a different texture in umodel? For example the default skin mesh but with one of the skins for it as the texture.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 21, 2018, 08:30 »

Has anyone ever figured out how to load up parts of the map via what I believe is these files?

https://i.imgur.com/F180tmD.png

I'm pretty sure this acts as an list of all models in the area and their locations placed within the editor.

Umodel has no level streaming support of that nature so no.

Hey guys is there a way to make a mesh use a different texture in umodel? For example the default skin mesh but with one of the skins for it as the texture.

No from what I've come to know, is whatever material setup is assign to that particular mesh from a 3D modeling package, uModel will load that material in, all other skins with the same type of mesh are setup in Unreal Engine 4 itself, though could be possible to have a prompt to select another material after selecting and loading in a mesh but depending on if it's even possible or hard to put into uModel (and if he wants to even spend the time doing it), Gildor would need to respond to that one (was only thinking of this last night)

falefee

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 22, 2018, 00:24 »

It would be nice to see support for level streaming at some point. I assume it would work on all Unreal Engine 4 games.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 22, 2018, 08:16 »

It would be nice to see support for level streaming at some point. I assume it would work on all Unreal Engine 4 games.

I highly doubt it will, heightmap support is on the list to come in the future but think that's far has any level stuff will be implemented.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #718 on: September 22, 2018, 13:58 »

I highly doubt it will, heightmap support is on the list to come in the future but think that's far has any level stuff will be implemented.
Heightmaps are strange in recent UE4 versions (at least in Fortnite), they're colorized and split into many many small textures. So I delayed this work until I'll have absolutely nothing else to do.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 23, 2018, 18:00 »

Where is the frostwing skin please?

F_MED_Dark_Viking_01

Heightmaps are strange in recent UE4 versions (at least in Fortnite), they're colorized and split into many many small textures. So I delayed this work until I'll have absolutely nothing else to do.

True when it comes to Epic Games, cgcostume on Github has a way to convert them into heightmaps, might be worth a read, did it on PUBG but asked if he could try Fortnites one and he has added it also.

Jump to: