March 29, 2024, 17:55
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Problem animation  (Read 2070 times)
Puzzle

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2017, 03:34 »

im trying to export some animations for a project but I have a problem with animations

when I import the animation for config [animset], it appears disoriented

I would greatly appreciate your help
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 11:14 »

"Disoriented" - you mean legs are passing through floor?
Puzzle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 15:43 »

"Disoriented" - you mean legs are passing through floor?

yes, the feet should remain intact and instead move from top to bottom across the floor
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 15:48 »

So, what I can say ... Sometimes game meshes designed to have zero coordinate somewhere in the middle of the mesh, i.e. to not match floor level. Mesh settings in Unreal engine has possibility to adjust translation (and rotation + scale) to match any game needs. These options are not exported. ActorX Importer has scale and rotation options for loading, but no translation.

Also it is possible that you're using wrong animation for a mesh, but I suppose you're not.
Puzzle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 18:46 »

So, what I can say ... Sometimes game meshes designed to have zero coordinate somewhere in the middle of the mesh, i.e. to not match floor level. Mesh settings in Unreal engine has possibility to adjust translation (and rotation + scale) to match any game needs. These options are not exported. ActorX Importer has scale and rotation options for loading, but no translation.

Also it is possible that you're using wrong animation for a mesh, but I suppose you're not.

then there is no way to fix it in 3dsmax

anyway thanks for the answers Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 18:58 »

If Max will have options for shifting a mesh - would that satisfy you? (it's not hard to do)
Puzzle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 05:47 »

If Max will have options for shifting a mesh - would that satisfy you? (it's not hard to do)

Could you explain the form pls?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 10:40 »

If I'll add option to add mesh offset to rotation and scale options which are already exists - would that be enough?

However you're first who have troubles with legs passing through zero coordinate. It would be possible to adjust floor height for that.
Puzzle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 16:24 »

If I'll add option to add mesh offset to rotation and scale options which are already exists - would that be enough?

that would be great!

However you're first who have troubles with legs passing through zero coordinate. It would be possible to adjust floor height for that.

the problem is that they move from top to bottom and do not stay persistent at a fixed point
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 16:47 »

the problem is that they move from top to bottom and do not stay persistent at a fixed point
1. you may be using wrong animation (from different mesh)
2. the animation may be wrong by itself - when you have a solid floor in game this simply might be unnoticeable
3. you must check this animation in UModel - would it have any similar problems or not
4. probably you know this and tried already - animation depends on "translation mode" which is controllable in both UModel and ActorX Importer
godskin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 17:41 »

https://youtu.be/FO-K9bfwvKo

animation not ploblem work fine

ploblem is you brain xD

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 17:50 by godskin » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 20:47 »

ploblem is you brain xD
Be polite please. There could be many problems for different reasons - I've listed them in my previous post.
Puzzle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 20:56 »

https://youtu.be/FO-K9bfwvKo

animation not ploblem work fine

ploblem is you brain xD

you must reorient the translation bones so that the character looks correctly, that is when the problem arises

bad

good

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 20:59 »

"Reorient bones" will make better LOOKING skeleton, but it will change bone matrices, so they won't be compatible with animation. You should not use this option, unless you really know what you're doing!

Also I'd recommend you updating importer script. It is getting much less changes than UModel, but I believe it got some important changes since 2015.
Puzzle

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 21:04 »

i didn't mean say to "reorient bones".. just use the settings that I put on the screen "translation mode"

but exactly emerge what you said

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: