March 29, 2024, 12:21
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: L2 maps openable?  (Read 22483 times)
SABREWULF
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 11:22 »

Maybe try to do like that - Play in L2 on any private server  where is no game guard activated  and try there rip models by 3d Ripper
probuff
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 17:08 »

So yeah, I work'd around this a little bit.  What I wanted was heightmaps of LineIIage terrain. Thing with 16bit color didn't work out, so there are the steps I followed to get it -

Download 3D Ripper DX and launch lineage with it.
*Select "export as .obj".
*If you are using windows - disable UAC, because you will get "Unable to create process" error.

Go to the place which you want to rip and press F12. I'm not sure why, but 3rd person view does not work out well, because ripped meshes will be tilted. So use first person view (this method wont get you wide field) or better - use "//camera on" GM feature, to get free camera and ability to zoom out great distances.

Then import your mesh to 3ds or your preferred editing tool and delete unwanted objects (as in this case - city envitoment, trees, rocks, etc.) What you will be left with is terrain mesh.

I look'd up fastest way of converting mesh to heightmap picture and found out this article -
http://forum.world-machine.com/index.php?topic=2439.0
There is a video tutorial how to do it.

So in the end you are left with heightmap picture of lineage2 terrain which you can import anywhere.

*have in mind that i'm complete noob in this field, so try it yourself before asking serious questions, because probably I wont be capable of answering them Cheesy. Thanks! Cheers!

kisly00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 22:56 »

Not openable, but reverse engineering can help you overcome it.

Lineage2 + unity3D
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: