March 28, 2024, 23:43
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Ruiner  (Read 2834 times)
imarceldoe

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2017, 05:31 »

Hi,

I hope I'm not making the same mistake as last time and misunderstanding how UEViewer works.

Ruiner has an extremely amazing aesthetic, and luckily UEViewer works with it almost! If you set it to version 4.16, it doesn't crash and the animations load too without crashing, but I haven't taken a close look. The meshes and skeletons are able to load, however, it seems the textures mess up when loading. If you want, I can buy you the game Gildor so you can check it out Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/M3ovZz6.png

For example, this is what's supposed to be a sign.

Code:
WARNING: StructProperty "UMaterial3::BaseColor" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "UMaterial3::Roughness" was not found
WARNING: ArrayProperty "UMaterial3::MaterialFunctionInfos" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "UMaterial3::StateId" was not found

Here's another Smiley

Code:
Memory: allocated 13815613 bytes in 48129 blocks
Loaded in 0 sec, 4 allocs, 0.00 MBytes serialized in 0 calls.
Loading StaticMesh4 Fence_003 from package /Ruiner/Content/Parking_Space/Models/Fence_003.uasset
WARNING: StructProperty "FStaticMaterial::UVChannelData" was not found
WARNING: FloatProperty "UStaticMesh4::LightmapUVDensity" was not found
WARNING: IntProperty "UStaticMesh4::LightMapResolution" was not found
WARNING: IntProperty "UStaticMesh4::LightMapCoordinateIndex" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "UStaticMesh4::ExtendedBounds" was not found
WARNING: Unknown class "BodySetup" for object "BodySetup_4162"
WARNING: Unknown class "NavCollision" for object "NavCollision_92"
Loading Material3 WorldGridMaterial from package /Engine/Content/EngineMaterials/WorldGridMaterial.uasset
WARNING: StructProperty "UMaterial3::BaseColor" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "UMaterial3::Roughness" was not found
WARNING: ArrayProperty "UMaterial3::MaterialFunctionInfos" was not found
WARNING: StructProperty "UMaterial3::StateId" was not found
WARNING: Unknown class "MaterialFunction" for object "CameraDepthFade"
Loading Texture2D T_Default_Material_Grid_M from package /Engine/Content/EngineMaterials/T_Default_Material_Grid_M.uasset
Loading data for format PF_DXT5 ...
Loading Texture2D T_Default_Material_Grid_N from package /Engine/Content/EngineMaterials/T_Default_Material_Grid_N.uasset
Loading data for format PF_BC5 ...
Reading T_Default_Material_Grid_M mip level 0 (512x512) from /Engine/Content/EngineMaterials/T_Default_Material_Grid_M.ubulk
Reading T_Default_Material_Grid_N mip level 0 (256x256) from /Engine/Content/EngineMaterials/T_Default_Material_Grid_N.ubulk

This gets shown in console when loading the mesh.

Thanks! I hope I'm not just being dumb.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:50 by imarceldoe » Logged
godskin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 14:37 »

working 100 % animation + texture + model
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 15:52 »

Hi,
Ruiner has an extremely amazing aesthetic, and luckily UEViewer works with it almost! If you set it to version 4.16, it doesn't crash and the animations load too without crashing, but I haven't taken a close look. The meshes and skeletons are able to load, however, it seems the textures mess up when loading. If you want, I can buy you the game Gildor so you can check it out Smiley
This is a typical situation. UModel can recognize only some very simple materials, and only when textures are named in a "special way". When not - materials may be messed up.
imarceldoe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 01:01 »

Hi,
This is a typical situation. UModel can recognize only some very simple materials, and only when textures are named in a "special way". When not - materials may be messed up.

I see, okay! Thank you Smiley

So I just rip the materials separately then?  Is there maybe a way to tell what materials the model uses?

Is the UV error normal too?

Thanks Gildor!
Smiley I’ll be donating to you soon, you take good care of your tool and help people a lot.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 01:09 »

So I just rip the materials separately then?  Is there maybe a way to tell what materials the model uses?
I think materials are mapped, just have wrong appearance. If you'll press 'M' key while watching a mesh, you'll see names of materials as text. If you'll see 'None' - material is not mapped, or it wasn't loaded for some reason. Otherwise, material name will be displayed. When exporting a mesh, materials are also exported. You'll see a .mat file (it's a text file), you may find names of all assigned textures there, even if UModel didn't recognize which texture has which purpose.

Also you may browse with UModel to a material using PgUp/PgDn keys. When material will be displayed, press 'M' key. You'll see all properties of that material They might be useful too.
UVs could be adjusted by shaders (materials), so I think this is ok. Even more, material may compute UVs using some math.
imarceldoe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 03:38 »

I think materials are mapped, just have wrong appearance. If you'll press 'M' key while watching a mesh, you'll see names of materials as text. If you'll see 'None' - material is not mapped, or it wasn't loaded for some reason. Otherwise, material name will be displayed. When exporting a mesh, materials are also exported. You'll see a .mat file (it's a text file), you may find names of all assigned textures there, even if UModel didn't recognize which texture has which purpose.

Also you may browse with UModel to a material using PgUp/PgDn keys. When material will be displayed, press 'M' key. You'll see all properties of that material They might be useful too.
UVs could be adjusted by shaders (materials), so I think this is ok. Even more, material may compute UVs using some math.

I assume the .mat file will have the textures even if it isn’t mapped in uModel?

Thanks! Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 11:23 »

I assume the .mat file will have the textures even if it isn’t mapped in uModel?
Yes. Just check it.
Manndarinchik

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 11:42 »

Sorry for replying to an almost 2-year-old topic, I just thought it would be stupid to create a new one for the same problem.

So, as I mentioned above, I have a similar problem. UE viewer loads almost all needed textures: normals, decals, details, etc.; everything except base colour textures.  

Here's an example with protagonist's clothes:

Console output: https://pastebin.com/uk2eNhEE

It just... Doesn't have a colour texture, for some reason.

But few materials load up correctly:

So, is it a UE viewer's problem or is it just the game's weird material system?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 12:01 »

It is not a problem, I explained things in FAQ. UModel's parser for UE3-UE4 materials is very-very approximate, so in your 1st case it can't recognize which of textures are "diffuse". Even more, there could be no diffuse texture at all.
Manndarinchik

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 12:41 »

So there IS a base colour texture, UE viewer just can't hook it up to the model, right?
Then is it possible to find it manually?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 12:48 »

Then is it possible to find it manually?
Yes.
When you export a mesh, it will be exported with all assigned materials. Every exported material will have all linked textures exported. So you just need to review exported files, with no needs to look over all game assets.
To see which textures are used by some material, check .mat files (those are text files), and possibly .props.txt to get assistance with material recreation.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: