March 28, 2024, 13:24
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Splinter Cell Conviction  (Read 96273 times)
cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2013, 23:16 »

just  Extract to Data/Localization without zipping back up and make sure  src/system/loc_int.umd is deleted
benzinjiq

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2013, 00:11 »

This is the method I used back when I translated "I Am Alive", but this time it doesn't work this way. The game just hangs.
cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2013, 05:41 »

hmm conviction's file structure might be different then... really odd as they are using the same engine... could also be different builds I will look into this a bit more. Also try posting in this forum http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8497&start=30 or start a new thread in regards to the unpacker. Also have you been able to extract anything from scc_data.bin from the conviction.umd My iaa unpacker says that the file is not supported yet. Maybe take a look at the logs for the game to see what causes the hang?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:16 by cr4zyw3ld3r » Logged
benzinjiq

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2013, 14:21 »

Actually, I posted here - http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4317&p=87738#p87738 and have some progress. I managed to get the text and inject it back. But now the problem is, that it seems some part of in-game text is missing. I'm talking about the in-game dialogues, during gameplay. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, since if I delete my loc-rus.umd (I'm using russian file, since it is in cyrillic and is bigger) file the the game starts in english, but without subtitles, since I made it to play Language=rus in the Configuration.ini. So the text must be there, in that file, but I cannot find it. All I get in-game (while playing without my loc-rus.umd) is "....! ...?" in the place where subtitles shoud be. In other words, now I just need to find where in-game dialogues are, and I'm done with the job. Smiley

Edit: I just saw, that @swuforce has edited his comment, saying that the in-game text is in src\system\UMDS\01-11_xy.umd files.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 15:00 by benzinjiq » Logged
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2013, 19:42 »

How yo extract file menu.umd? Where I have to apply the XOR offset?
cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2013, 20:07 »

benzin how did you unpack the .bin file when i used iaa_unpacker on that same file  it said that the file format is not supported yet
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2013, 20:13 »

Try this tool.
unumd.zip

I'd recommend move any localization issues to this board:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/board,22.0.html

Any questions about UnUMD - here.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 20:15 by Gildor » Logged
cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2013, 20:24 »

Cheesy  Will give this a try as soon as I get home from work! Thank you Gildor!   As for XOR check the thread benzin linked to and look at the previous posts here by spinbot he explains how to use xor.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2013, 20:39 »

Cheesy  Will give this a try as soon as I get home from work! Thank you Gildor!   As for XOR check the thread benzin linked to and look at the previous posts here by spinbot he explains how to use xor.
I saw but did not understand how to do. Can you do that for me?

Try this tool.
unumd.zip

I'd recommend move any localization issues to this board:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/board,22.0.html

Any questions about UnUMD - here.

This tool and spinbot's script perform the same function? And then extract the files ini?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 20:48 by Andreas » Logged
cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2013, 02:58 »

I did try the UnUMD tool and I have some issues.
1. when set the tool to the conviction directory and tell it to "unpack" files still come out as UMDs
2. when i use "out" I get this
buf=20000 file600F237 dir=11 F=82
compr tables: skip=883 uncompTblSize=BE7 comSize=883
PRocessing: T08_SecretLabs.umd
Disabled!      
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2013, 09:20 »

You should use -unpack option to remove compression from UMD. This tool already was successfully used in some Convictions localizations, so I suppose it's enough. Non-unpack behavior (extraction of utx, ukx etc) was disabled because it's useless without umodel's support.
deepshit

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2013, 11:12 »

Hi
I've been trying to extract .utx files but no luck yet.Here's what i've understood so far :
off 16 :name count
off 20 :name offset
off 24 :import or offset count Huh???
off 44 :filesize
I can't figure out export or import table.I can't find serial offset or serial size in the table.
Can you help me a bit please?
Thanks.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2013, 12:58 »

Unpacked UMD consists of mixed package chunks, so it's not possible to extract package without figuring out complete UMD format.
cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2013, 19:45 »

You should use -unpack option to remove compression from UMD. This tool already was successfully used in some Convictions localizations, so I suppose it's enough. Non-unpack behavior (extraction of utx, ukx etc) was disabled because it's useless without umodel's support.

cool! I did use -unpack but it is good to know that it puts out file chunks. 
deepshit

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2013, 11:03 »

Does unumd work with I am alive .umd files?It's the same engine.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: