March 28, 2024, 14:42
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Splinter Cell Conviction  (Read 96274 times)
logansan25
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2010, 18:11 »

Splinter cell conviction support umodel? Huh?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:38 by gildor » Logged
urPackage
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 21:32 »

Unlikely right out of the box, Conviction uses a heavily modified UE2.5 engine called LEAD that ubisoft designed themselves.

Gildor will most likely have to add support if he can be bothered Wink
steven1075

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 04:27 »

No I have a copy of it and none of the files are extracting. I believe Gildor could possibly get everything except animations to work.
logansan25
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 22:01 »

No I have a copy of it and none of the files are extracting. I believe Gildor could possibly get everything except animations to work.

I hope so!
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:21 »

I don't want to burst your bubbles, but I saw the demo a while back, and I say no way... It doesn't use Epic package format, and it massively different. Maybe you might have luck with someone else. Gildor only deals with unreal package formats. I doubt the game is different than the demo. What can I say UBI is not my favorite developer for these reasons. Lips Sealed

..:: ESR911 ::..
logansan25
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 15:34 »

I don't want to burst your bubbles, but I saw the demo a while back, and I say no way... It doesn't use Epic package format, and it massively different. Maybe you might have luck with someone else. Gildor only deals with unreal package formats. I doubt the game is different than the demo. What can I say UBI is not my favorite developer for these reasons. Lips Sealed

But when you start the game out unreal technology.
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 18:36 »

That doesn't mean anything. It only means that they are licensees of Epic's unreal and that this game uses the Epic's unreal engine. They (UBI) can then change everything any way they want with the engine.

I am 99.99% sure it's not going to be supported by umodel, because if it was even possible it would require a massive commitment of Gildor's time for just one game, and it isn't worth it. Gildor only has so much time. Also there have been donations, but It is likely that extraction of assets of this game may not even be possible for Gildor at any price.

Again this is my opinion. If you feel so inclined you are welcome to provide the files Gildor needs, and he can weigh in.

Ace-Angel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 20:26 »

Ubisoft almost always modifies the Unreal engine to suit their needs. Very rarely do they keep the packages in the standard format, or not modify the general compression in some way or another.

So in short, don't hold your breath, it might be possible, it might not.
logansan25
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 22:39 »

That doesn't mean anything. It only means that they are licensees of Epic's unreal and that this game uses the Epic's unreal engine. They (UBI) can then change everything any way they want with the engine.

I am 99.99% sure it's not going to be supported by umodel, because if it was even possible it would require a massive commitment of Gildor's time for just one game, and it isn't worth it. Gildor only has so much time. Also there have been donations, but It is likely that extraction of assets of this game may not even be possible for Gildor at any price.

Again this is my opinion. If you feel so inclined you are welcome to provide the files Gildor needs, and he can weigh in.

Quiet Man, I do not create any disengaged, it was just curiosity.
Of all the ways sorry if I offended you!
A greeting and thanks!
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 04:58 »

Convictions files for Gildor. If Gildor can do it, these are the files he needs.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k45dat

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 18:08 »

This modern Ubisoft game uses heavily modified Unreal Engine 2 with custom package format.
logansan25
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 23:19 »

This modern Ubisoft game uses heavily modified Unreal Engine 2 with custom package format.

Translate this!
Its a good news or bad?
 Roll Eyes
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 00:40 »

Its a good news or bad?
I will repeat my message in another words:
Good news: this is an Unreal Engine game.
Bad news: it uses heavily modified engine, its package format is either heavily modified or completely different
Grin
logansan25
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 03:29 »

Sorry! Why so serious!? Grin
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 06:19 »

What? he's just telling you that it can't be done or it be a waste of time to do. You should of probably understood that from his first post  Tongue

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: