March 29, 2024, 13:26
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Tron Evolution (PC)  (Read 6039 times)
jcarl904
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2010, 01:11 »

All skeletal meshes and textures supported as far as can tell.
Merry Christmas everybody!!!  Smiley
jcarl904
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:33 »

Excuse my double post, but does anybody know where to find all of the extra characters like Abraxas, Ophelia, Zeus and Mr. Flynn? I only manage to find Sam, Quorra, Hallan, Clu and a Black Guard.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:38 by jcarl904 » Logged
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:51 »

If you guys are working on tron, you should know that animation isn't fully supported (With ActorX), there are some issues with it.. you've been warned.

..:: ESR911 ::..
jcarl904
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:54 »

Thanks for the heads up! However, I'm now concentrating in model and texture extraction and
I can always rig them myself if really needed. But, I'm crossing my fingers hoping for some gildor magic.  Grin
So... I extracted a "Map" folder that contains a "ModelGallery" folder with most of the characters that I mention earlier with a .umap extension, no problem opened up beautifully with the latest umodel.
Then I  exported really high resolution textures (2048x2048) but the characters are action posed and not T-posed/rest posed like the few I found earlier. Could it be because I used (-export -md5) or maybe they have a special t-pose/rest animation?
Any thoughts? If anybody finds another location or .upk file extraction or combo of the two I might have missed, let me know.  Wink
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 13:13 »

I think you should look for bind-pose models in other places.

By the way - why are you using "-md5"?  Shocked You better should use psk/psa format!
jcarl904
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 14:15 »

I actually use both. But, I tend to use -md5s first just because they load up quicker in 3d Object Converter. Habit I guess!  Tongue
Yes, I did find more bind-pose models and med-res textures in .umap files inside the Kismet and Crowd folders.
But... Where's Mr. Flynn and Siren's High-Res textures?
I think I figured it out... The characters in ModelGallery also have a AnimSet folder that contains character turntable, infected and sentry poses to be loaded once the .psk file is opened up in 3dsmax.
But, like ESR911 mentioned. Actor X freezes 3dsmax when trying to change poses.
Makes sense. No? What do you think? Cheesy
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 18:59 »

The problem isn't with the bones, the problem is when certain PSA's are applied. I talk at length with Gildor and it has to do with bone rotations on animation. It's unfortunate because the animation is so awesome. I have halted working with the animation because of this rotation issue.

Here is a great example of what I am talking about. If you load:
Qora_SKM.psk
QuorraBike_AS.psa

and choose the animation: QuorBikeActivate

this is the result you will see:

This is the problem I am talking about. and thus the animation is unusable. Not all animation does this but enough that it's really annoying. In talking with Gildor I don't know if this is something that can be fixed, but I think people should know if they are working with Tron as I have.

thoughts and comments are always welcome

..:: ESR911 ::..
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 21:11 »

The problem is with "AnimRotationOnly" option for AnimSet. Other versions of UE3 kept both tracks - rotation and translation - even when translation is not used. But Tron has removed translation keys, that's why animated mesh looks ugly. I don't know wether it is Tron-only issue or it is common for the recent UE3.
Similar problem were appeared earlier in the Unreal Championship 2. It is already fixed on psk/psa side (by extending psa format), but I need to update umodel's animation system to fix that for Tron.
jcarl904
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 08:56 »

Thanks for explaining gildor, we'll patiently wait for that update. I Checked the xbox 360 version thinking that the animations might work but I get the same results.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:58 by jcarl904 » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: