March 29, 2024, 02:55
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Unreal Championship 1  (Read 10539 times)
Shred

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2010, 00:56 »

Hey Gildor,

It's me "FewPosts" from the Epic Forums that Pm'd you yesterday about Xbox UC1 animations.

Here is the entire game's contents (entire DVD)
(link removed)

The animation files are in the "XboxGame" folder. Weapons.ukx are waht we are after in particular.
I just wanted to thank you for your quick response, and wish you luck.

We would be forever grateful if you could make this a reality for us. We've been going at this for 5 years or more with no break throughs.

Let me know if you need anything else.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:05 by gildor » Logged
Shred

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:51 »

Just remember this is stuff from UC1, not UC2, so it's from UE2, not UE2X.Emerald over at Epic made that point based off you PM to me at Epic. I figured it was a typo, but just to be on the safe side....it's UE2 stuff:)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 16:26 »

Most probably this is an early version of UE2X.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 03:03 »

This game is a branch of UT2003 code with some additions from Pariah engine. There is no UC2 code at all.
I have managed to load UC1 packages, textures and skeletal meshes. Static meshes and animations are not yet supported.
In order to load packages you should use "-noanim" and "-nostat" switches.

Probably I will update umodel to support missing resource types later.
Shred

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 05:00 »

This game is a branch of UT2003 code with some additions from Pariah engine. There is no UC2 code at all.
I have managed to load UC1 packages, textures and skeletal meshes. Static meshes and animations are not yet supported.

Yes, UC1 was actually built before UT2003, but it was released after UT2003 due to Xbox Live Marketing. UC1 was the first Xbox live game. It is also the oldest "version" or "build" of UT2 that there is. It even pre-dates the leaked UT2003 betas.

Sweet man! That's encouraging news. Really if we could just get the Skeletal meshes, we'll be good. I can re-animate the skeletal meshes by hand, just like we are currently doing with the UC2 weapons.

Give us a shout out when the skeltal meshes are extractable from UC1.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS APPLICATION AS WELL AS TRYING TO HELP US FURTHER. UMODEL HAS ALREADY MADE MANY DREAMS COME TRUE Grin

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:02 by Shred » Logged
deuxsonic
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:22 »

How much later do you think?

UC is Unreal Engine 2.0 and likely uses an older version of the engine than UT2003 being as how things forked when Epic took over UT2003 and DE took over UC (the build number is also particularly old in Default.ini. Pariah didn't come out until many years later so I don't think there's anything of Pariah in there.

Our last obsticle is getting the weapon animations out of UC's weapons.ukx, so you could be our ticket to finishing this mod. We need to be able to extract the animations. Please help us!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 11:44 »

Give us a shout out when the skeltal meshes are extractable from UC1.
Skeletal meshes are ALREADY extractable Smiley (since yesterday).
But really all meshes are exists in UT2003/2004 so it's rather useless task ...

How much later do you think?
I don't know. May be today, may be a few months later. For a few latest months I have a significantly less free time for my hobby.
Pariah didn't come out until many years later so I don't think there's anything of Pariah in there.
UC1 and Pariah has some common code which is missing in UT2004.
deuxsonic
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 11:50 »

So can the animations be obtained from weapons.ukx now? I'm confused on this point, as this is what we need as far as I know. FewPosts can verify for me, I think that's all we need, as he is the one assembling the mod. I don't know what we need yet from UC2.

I guess UC and Pariah could share some code, they were both done by DE after all... Kind of strange.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:54 by deuxsonic » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 13:36 »

I have made animation support. Enjoy Smiley
For now, only static meshes are not supported.
deuxsonic
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 14:13 »

Thank you so much! FewPosts is going to be so happy when he sees this.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: