March 29, 2024, 12:40
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory/Double Agent  (Read 38481 times)
iservealot

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2010, 21:03 »

Helllo all, wanted to come on here and say thanks again to Gildor for creating such an awesome tool!
Glad to see a strong community with an interest in Unreal game animations and model assets so we can all learn and inspect them.

I had already attempted to contact you Via facebook, but thought I would do it in a more "official" way on your forums.

Once again, I am looking to see if you could possibly add support for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Splinter Cell Double Agent (Unreal Engine Warfare 2.x version 829). Up to date, I haven't found any record of anyone who was able to extract any Unreal data from either game because the traditional Unreal file format is not directly exposed (.unr, .usx, .ukx, .uax etc). I've been able to find a method to extract in-tact unreal files from both games, and would love nothing more than to see your tool add support for these engine builds. Currently, an "assertion failed" error is given. I do understand that your tool currently provides support for several compression schemes, but I would like to let you know that Double Agent nor Chaos Theory use traditional compression schemes, but instead use in-house developed localization that actually break Unreal data.

I have attached a link to in-tact Unreal data for both Chaos Theory and Double Agent. I am corssing my fingers in hopes that you can provide support for both of these games sooner rather than later as it will directly affect development of a future release project in the works right now.

Thanks again for all your support up until now and hope to see what magic you can work with this!

Chris

Link - http://rapidshare.com/files/405751319/Chaos_Theory_and_Double_Agent_Animations.zip
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 21:06 by iservealot » Logged
iservealot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 22:22 »

I also forgot to mention that there is a strong possibility that some or all of the animations data might be Motion Builder Data (.fbx) format.

Don't know if that then makes this impossible or not. The model should still be .psk.

Also, there is a high chance that Havok Physics data is located somewhere inside either the .psk model, or animation data.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 22:36 »

I have checked Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 2 years ago without any success. But with a latest 2 years I've got some experience with reverse engineering Unreal-based games, so this task may be possible now Smiley

I have looked at files you have sent - it looks like these games are made with different UE modifications Sad

I also forgot to mention that there is a strong possibility that some or all of the animations data might be Motion Builder Data (.fbx) format.
It's nonsense. FBX is an intermediate format not intended for direct use in realtime applications. It is closed format without any specification.
Also, Unreal never stored meshes in packages in PSK format - it is another intermediate format (but made by Epic Games, not by Autodesk). Umodel whould be trivial in a case Epic stored meshes directly in psk format Wink
iservealot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 00:06 »

The only reason I mention .FBX (Motion Builder Data) is because the internal editor supported this method of impot (unreal editor).

I am willing to help in any way a I can to see that animation data can be exported.
This includes possibly revealing how to export Unreal data from Chaos Theory.

I can also create a custom brand new .ukx Unreal package from a .psk of your choosing, if it helps to identify how exactly the data is stored inside of the package.

Let me know!
iservealot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 12:32 »

I have checked Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 2 years ago without any success. But with a latest 2 years I've got some experience with reverse engineering Unreal-based games, so this task may be possible now Smiley

I have looked at files you have sent - it looks like these games are made with different UE modifications Sad

It's nonsense. FBX is an intermediate format not intended for direct use in realtime applications. It is closed format without any specification.
Also, Unreal never stored meshes in packages in PSK format - it is another intermediate format (but made by Epic Games, not by Autodesk). Umodel whould be trivial in a case Epic stored meshes directly in psk format Wink

What do you mean by "different UE modifications" ?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 13:08 »

What do you mean by "different UE modifications" ?
Those games uses modified UE engine made by independent developers.
iservealot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 13:14 »

Can you tell me how I can help your extraction process? Would it help you in figuring out the file layout/offsets?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 13:20 »

I'm not dealing with "offsets". It is not possible to correctly extract data from Unreal game without reading data format completely. Some data structures has variable size, so its even impossible to skip array of such structure type without parsing it.
iservealot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 13:48 »

okay. Would import of a custom PSA/PSK import help at all?
iservealot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 06:06 »

Just wanted to bump this and check the status of this.

I am happy to provide additional assets/support if need be.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 11:50 »

I have spent some time researching internal package structure for this game. I have (probably) found package [de]compression code, but unfortunately I'm too busy with other things to try this out.
iservealot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 21:28 »

Are you refering to compression/decompression of .LIN and .HLN?
Or compression/decompression of the .ukx files that I sent you?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 22:52 »

I've spoken about Splinter Cell Conviction Smiley
iservealot

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 01:26 »

Oooohh sorry, I was referring to double agent/ chaos theory.

The .ukx I sent you was one I've made from the Double Agnet  engine build.

What are your thoughts about the file format/extractionof those animations?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 01:29 »

I don't have a game executable files to check, I cannot analyze pure data files.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: