March 28, 2024, 14:16
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [FORTNITE] Umodel materials exported/imported bad for blender  (Read 4314 times)
Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2018, 18:37 »

When i export a model, like it got Submaterials in BLENDER it got the materials, but the problems are:

When the model is imported, all the multimaterials are turned into one (except some of models, but the multimaterial of "some models" are useless, doesn't have assigned faces)
So this means, that the original model wich uses multi textures, are exported in a bad way and the multi textures becomes one, wich got the entire model textured with one texture

Yeah i know, i can remake them in manual... but it's very annoying start the game, and go in the place for see the current model, or die trying to look at it... i preferr original, not remade by me

In Blender, got a single material, but in game the model uses two of them!!!!

Ah in 3dmax the problem is also the same :/ (2015 version)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 18:04 by ALIEN31ITA » Logged
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 21:34 »

Can you upload a sample, please?
I'm curious if 3ds max has the same problem.  Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 21:37 »

Here's a screenshot from UModel, there's no any screenshots from Blender.
Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 17:59 »

The good notice is, that with the "Battle royale" or buildable structures (packages>PBW) the uv is separated, i mean, it uses 2 materials, but the uv is moved, is not ON TOP of the other uv of the other material
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 18:33 by ALIEN31ITA » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 15:08 »

I think it's because of the new Material Layering in 4.19 since Fortnite is using that engine now, until this can be added into umodel so it can see it (if at all possible?), you will manually have to recreate the materials how they are ingame yourself (assign textures to different part of uv's etc)

UE 4.19 Material Layering

Blender + Linux User Here.
Alien

Welcome to Appalachia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 23:45 »

I think it's because of the new Material Layering in 4.19 since Fortnite is using that engine now, until this can be added into umodel so it can see it (if at all possible?), you will manually have to recreate the materials how they are ingame yourself (assign textures to different part of uv's etc)

UE 4.19 Material Layering

Ok ok i resolved guys, there is a function in blender, like this one
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 08:02 »

Yep works on that model, has it uses the standard Material/Material Instance feature, but any model with the new Material Layering like that roof has, you will have the single uv/material issue till it's added into uModel if Gildor can implement it.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 10:48 »

... till it's added into uModel if Gildor can implement it.
Implement what? Umodel saves model as is. If it uses single material, it is saved with single material.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 15:17 »

... till it's added into uModel if Gildor can implement it.
Implement what? Umodel saves model as is. If it uses single material, it is saved with single material.
For some reason on that roof mesh, it only comes up has a single material and single uv, probably user error on my part but I can't seem to get texture matched up right, so was thinking maybe they are using the new Material Layering feature in 4.19.

My bad if I have this all wrong....

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 18:22 »

"Layered materials" are not a really new feature. I worked on baking UE4 layered materials more than a year ago. There's just some new kind of layered materials, made with use of functions, which appears in the engine recently.
Usually layered materials has some mask texture. You should analyze all textures used by this material (see them in .mat file, some of them are in unused parts of material).
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: