March 29, 2024, 15:56
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet  (Read 19620 times)
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2018, 03:19 »

Just checked on that and I'm seeing the same thing. Strange..... Honestly, I couldn't tell the reason why that's happening. But if you know how to use blender or any other modelling software you could delete those areas and try to make them look smooth by manually editing the mesh around the hands.

roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2018, 05:22 »

I know I've asked this question already but how do you extract the animations properly? I see the AnimSequence folder with all the animations but when I export the animations that folder does not show up in the umodel exort folder
X3D

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2018, 16:56 »

The process to fix the fingers in 3dsmax is as follows:

1. Select the mesh, then in the modifier list below Skin, select - Editable Mesh you will be greeted with a menu, choose Hold/Yes
2. In the selection options select Element
3. In the viewport select a finger which will include 4 pieces - front, back and two parts of the nail.
4. Select move on the main toolbar and move into place, do this with all fingers then select Skin.
5. Done

* SA_FiX.png (118.75 KB, 768x432 - viewed 416 times.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 17:01 by X3D » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2018, 17:08 »

I know I've asked this question already but how do you extract the animations properly? I see the AnimSequence folder with all the animations but when I export the animations that folder does not show up in the umodel exort folder
load a mesh you want, then press CTRL+A to load animations in, then export.

Blender + Linux User Here.
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2018, 07:20 »

Thanks Blenux! Got the animations! Quick question though, I wanted to use certain animations on characters that aren't in this game and when I try to do it in unity It says I'm missing the bone that was on the original character that the animation was made for. Anyway to make the animation work for any rigged model?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2018, 08:08 »

Thanks Blenux! Got the animations! Quick question though, I wanted to use certain animations on characters that aren't in this game and when I try to do it in unity It says I'm missing the bone that was on the original character that the animation was made for. Anyway to make the animation work for any rigged model?
I'm still new to the animations/rigging side of things, and I haven't spent all that much with Unity (when i get the urge to I might), but pretty sure you would need the same amount of bones that the original animation mesh had to transfer it to another model (then have to do with weights also).

if you want you could upload the models you want and I can have a look.

There is also this on the Unity Docs - Retargeting of Humanoid animations
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:12 by Blenux » Logged

X3D

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2018, 12:53 »

The method I have used to make any animation work on all/any game models is to use 3DXchange Pipline.

With this program you can import your character, then conform the bone structure to a generic rig, the animation can then be imported and conformed to that same rig.

Saving the character and animations enables you to use them on any other character you have converted.

Sounds easy? it can be most of the time, but there are always badly created character models which can be fixed given a little more time/tweaking.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 15:30 by Gildor » Logged
NamekianMemeDealer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2018, 13:08 »

Excuse me Im new to ripping fatal bullet and was wondering if any one would be willing to help me with textures for death gun cause i know its been already done i saw the posts many times to try to help me but ive been trying to think i just dont know how to get his textures right and look exactly how hes suppose to look so it would be wonderful if anyone could help me with death gun textures thank you for your time 
X3D

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2018, 18:44 »

After splitting the CV textures, I just used the D - Diffuse, CV - Mask textures and the normal maps, ignoring the MSRA for now.

The main concept is to learn how the material editor functions with the 3D program you choose.

* DeathGunTEST.jpg (43.68 KB, 661x921 - viewed 1066 times.)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2018, 19:40 »

MSRA is the following.

R - Metal
G - Specular
B - Roughness
A - AO

and if you want to see the material setups on a model, open the material and press M for info, all the information you need is there...

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 20:06 by Blenux » Logged

NamekianMemeDealer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2018, 02:48 »

I dont do that much modeling the most i do is downloading models and do them for vrchat to be honest soo I didnt really understand any of that really
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2018, 06:09 »

I dont do that much modeling the most i do is downloading models and do them for vrchat to be honest soo I didnt really understand any of that really

I was the same way at first, but to get characters from the game and putting them into vrchat takes quite a lot of work if you want them to look fairly accurate to in-game. I didn't know what to do when I split the channels for the RGB textures so I just went in photoshop and manually changed all the colors and merged the diffuse textures with the CV. I had to make new shape keys to make its mouth move and give it eye bones to blink and all that jazz. I'm sure there are easier ways to do it but I'm like you and have limited knowledge. I would show tou how mine turned out but it keeps saying my picture file is too large. anyone knows how to reduce the size?

Also, thank you blenux and X3D for the animation tip!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:06 by roughbottom » Logged
NamekianMemeDealer

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2018, 06:46 »

i have gimp not photo shop so idk if ill be able to do that for the textures
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2018, 08:23 »

I've never used gimp and only learned some photoshop a couple weeks ago. Don't know if gimp can do the same stuff but i'm sure it can do at least 80% of what photoshop can do. Basically, I took the CV texture and saw where on the model it was Red, Green, or Blue. Then I looked at the colors from the model i was trying to replicate. So say where all the red that was on the model is a white shirt for the character in game. I would erase red from the image and replace it with white. Or if the shoes of the model were blue on the CV texture and they were actual a brown colour in game I would try to make that blue area on the CV texture brown. After changing the colors to my liking I would bring in the diffuse texture and make it the first layer then hit the "multiply" option above those layers. It will probably say normal at first. The multiply option I believe makes lighter colors more transparent and shows the layer underneath. So basically the detail from the diffuse texture "bleeds" onto the new properly coloured CV texture you just made. After that, just save the photo and use that as your new texture for whatever you were modifying.

Again I have little knowledge as well about this stuff and there are probably easier or quicker methods, but this gave me pretty good result that I'm happy with. They look especially good on weapons after you throw on that normal map for more detail.

I just wish I can get the right shader or material to really make it look like in-game characters Smiley
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2018, 08:54 »

I've never used gimp and only learned some photoshop a couple weeks ago. Don't know if gimp can do the same stuff but i'm sure it can do at least 80% of what photoshop can do. Basically, I took the CV texture and saw where on the model it was Red, Green, or Blue. Then I looked at the colors from the model i was trying to replicate. So say where all the red that was on the model is a white shirt for the character in game. I would erase red from the image and replace it with white. Or if the shoes of the model were blue on the CV texture and they were actual a brown colour in game I would try to make that blue area on the CV texture brown. After changing the colors to my liking I would bring in the diffuse texture and make it the first layer then hit the "multiply" option above those layers. It will probably say normal at first. The multiply option I believe makes lighter colors more transparent and shows the layer underneath. So basically the detail from the diffuse texture "bleeds" onto the new properly coloured CV texture you just made. After that, just save the photo and use that as your new texture for whatever you were modifying.

Again I have little knowledge as well about this stuff and there are probably easier or quicker methods, but this gave me pretty good result that I'm happy with. They look especially good on weapons after you throw on that normal map for more detail.

I just wish I can get the right shader or material to really make it look like in-game characters Smiley

Gimp can do that that you mention, it on par with PS now aside from a few things.

Also UE4 materials are very complex, if you look at the picture I posted above, that is what's used to make the Death Gun's characters look (has well has other characters and their materials), note the list in that only shows the main textures and parameters used to get the final result, what it doesn't show is UE4's lerps, multiples, and numerous other UE4 material nodes connected to each of them in the master material that is also connected to, if you want to see a scale of what it's like to make a material like that, check out Paragon Assets from the unreal marketplace and you will see (very similar setup's).

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: