March 28, 2024, 17:18
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet  (Read 19616 times)
X3D

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2018, 10:20 »

NamekianMemeDealer - Using Gimp you open CV texture, select Colors/Components/Decompose - Choose RGBA

In Layers Tab hide/unhide to save out the Masks separately.

Do this for MSRA too.

Depending on what 3D software you use some of these textures are not required.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:28 by X3D » Logged
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2018, 00:33 »

I've never used gimp and only learned some photoshop a couple weeks ago. Don't know if gimp can do the same stuff but i'm sure it can do at least 80% of what photoshop can do. Basically, I took the CV texture and saw where on the model it was Red, Green, or Blue. Then I looked at the colors from the model i was trying to replicate. So say where all the red that was on the model is a white shirt for the character in game. I would erase red from the image and replace it with white. Or if the shoes of the model were blue on the CV texture and they were actual a brown colour in game I would try to make that blue area on the CV texture brown. After changing the colors to my liking I would bring in the diffuse texture and make it the first layer then hit the "multiply" option above those layers. It will probably say normal at first. The multiply option I believe makes lighter colors more transparent and shows the layer underneath. So basically the detail from the diffuse texture "bleeds" onto the new properly coloured CV texture you just made. After that, just save the photo and use that as your new texture for whatever you were modifying.

Again I have little knowledge as well about this stuff and there are probably easier or quicker methods, but this gave me pretty good result that I'm happy with. They look especially good on weapons after you throw on that normal map for more detail.

I just wish I can get the right shader or material to really make it look like in-game characters Smiley

Gimp can do that that you mention, it on par with PS now aside from a few things.

Also UE4 materials are very complex, if you look at the picture I posted above, that is what's used to make the Death Gun's characters look (has well has other characters and their materials), note the list in that only shows the main textures and parameters used to get the final result, what it doesn't show is UE4's lerps, multiples, and numerous other UE4 material nodes connected to each of them in the master material that is also connected to, if you want to see a scale of what it's like to make a material like that, check out Paragon Assets from the unreal marketplace and you will see (very similar setup's).
\
Wow, I did not think there was that much more complexity to it. In the files, I see a fair amount of materials. From what I can tell they are MAT files for 3dsmax, but when i try to open them in through the file directory I get an error. When I try to import the material into a scene I see it pop up, but it looks no different from any other material in the material editor. Also, I don't know if it applied it to the mesh I wanted or just put it into the material editor only. Also does anyone know I can reduce the file size of photos? Every time I try to post a screenshot on here it says its too big.
X3D

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2018, 10:08 »

roughbottom, I think you are probably trying to place the .mat file from the material folder?

The .mat file can be opened with notepad, it lists the textures required for the mesh.

I generally batch convert all TGA files to PNG using FREE xnConvert, because certain programs I use do not function with TGA.

roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2018, 06:35 »

oh wow, so batch converting just changes the picture format then?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2018, 09:40 »

I use Sagethumbs myself, integrates into windows right click shell menu.

Blender + Linux User Here.
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2018, 11:26 »

Hey all, been awhile. Just curious to know what everyone has managed to do with ripping these assets. Anything cool?

Question though, I'm getting back into editing these models and i was wondering if it was possible to get "new assets" since the game has had a few updates and DLC content added.

Would you need a new AES key? or it's not possible to get the new stuff yet?

Thanks Smiley
RitsuPitsu

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2019, 15:44 »

Hey all, I've been reading over each page on this forum many times and still dont understand it, it seems the part i am having troubles with is applying textures/materials. Could someone please give me the proper steps to adding them so they dont come up as RGB, Or Verylight purple, or just gray?
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2019, 16:49 »

Whats up Ristu, I went through the same struggle. For me i never figured out how get the textures applied properly without them being RGB. I had  to go in photoshop and manually change the colors. So say if a red portion of the RGB texture was actually purple in game. I would have to make the red part purple by erasing it or deleting it from the original texture and "paint" that part purple. It's not the most professional thing to do but it works. I would send a pic but file to show but file to big

roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2019, 22:24 »

Here's the Sinon model that I made from changing the colors. Eyes were the hardest part. Had to make from scratch basically. The color blending I mean.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 22:27 by roughbottom » Logged
DauntlessAnimation

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2019, 19:04 »

Anyone have tutorial for texture CV? idk how make Undecided
TheCrazyMythic

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2019, 00:14 »

Been working on a shader for it, nowhere near done or how I want it to come out just yet. Far from how it looks in-game as it's just a starting point. Trying to get it as close to the game as possible. Which is out of my field but I'm trying, However, it uses most of the textures expect a few just haven't added. I just haven't had the time to get a lot of it done and limited shader knowledge doesn't help. Don't need photoshop or anything as it does everything for you.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 23:39 by TheCrazyMythic » Logged
roughbottom

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2019, 09:10 »

Oh wow!! That's awesome I hope you can get it done! Good luck!
TheCrazyMythic

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2019, 02:42 »

I'll be sharing it here when I get it finished, I've figured out all the textures and everything expect all the lighting and just a few effects. So all you have to do is just plug the textures in and change a few sliders and it's all good. Just don't expect it for awhile lol. Life busy and doing other games as well.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:46 by TheCrazyMythic » Logged
KC_Saber

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2019, 08:00 »

I realize that nobody's posted here in a while, but does anyone know where the player's model is at? Or at least the base female model? I've just found out about this model viewer and am trying to figure this out.
TheCrazyMythic

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2020, 04:35 »

I realize that nobody's posted here in a while, but does anyone know where the player's model is at? Or at least the base female model? I've just found out about this model viewer and am trying to figure this out.

If i remember right it's under Game/Product/Character/Human/Common/Model and then Male or female mesh. Like body, face, ect. I think it's the first one that you can pick. You'll have to look around. However it's the same area as the NPC models.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: