October 22, 2018, 10:47
bigger smaller reset 800px Wide width Full width Reset * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Donate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Violating a copyright.  (Read 429 times)
Omeleto

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2018, 20:13 »

I get sad when I learned about this. Actually, I really want to export fortnite assets and models like others, but I'm using it for commercial use(actually for animation) . I learned that I should ask fortnite first before using the model or else my youtube channel will not be monetized, plus I go to jail. Even if I alter or derive the asset, I can't afford a lawyer to defend me what Epic Games throws at me.  Undecided  Cry

I just want to warn or remind everyone from this post... If you use the assets commercially,  you should have some contacts to the game owner  Grin Wink
DinoDude2000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 00:17 »

It sucks. I mean: I would be against someone using such assets for COMMERCIAL USE, but if the user of the assets does not want to financially benefit from them and makes it clear that they are not the creators of the assets, what is the big deal? In this scenario even those who do not like the game mechanics of the game could still buy it just to use the models and this would only increase the amount of people buying it, thus it would be a great thing for the fan base. If the creators are just egocentric dicks who do not care about the community, then this is another reason of why this should'nt be illegal (what should matter is not only the dev, but the entire community of the game).
Schnurtelefon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 03:05 »

I get sad when I learned about this. Actually, I really want to export fortnite assets and models like others, but I'm using it for commercial use(actually for animation) . I learned that I should ask fortnite first before using the model or else my youtube channel will not be monetized, plus I go to jail. Even if I alter or derive the asset, I can't afford a lawyer to defend me what Epic Games throws at me.  Undecided  Cry

I just want to warn or remind everyone from this post... If you use the assets commercially,  you should have some contacts to the game owner  Grin Wink
I thought it's actually forbidden to share the models or rigs exported from the files and the aes key, even if ypu release it for free. But I didn't know about this. Are you really sure?  Shocked
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: